The Student Room Group

Driving test

I got beta blockers my gp prescribed to me and they really help with my anxiety and I don't get no nerves now. But the thing is I am doubting myself now will I ever get my driving test 5th time soon. See that's what the driving instructor I use to go out with said to me I never get my driving test if I don't look enough he really hurt me so much
Never give up! It took me 6 times to pass and honestly it's the best feeling ever when you do eventually pass.

I am now a safe and confident driver and I don't think i'd be as good if I hadn't had so much practice (lol)

Nerves and anxiety were my biggest issues but actually when i look back my biggest issue was that I convinced myself i'd never pass and wasn't good enough. However, failing was never an option for me, as soon as I changed my attitude and went out driving everyday everything came together and both my driving and confidence improved rapidly. I used to make silly mistakes on lessons but just think the instructor wants you to be safe, don't hold on to negative comments as they are for your benefit.

Sometimes you really do have to speak things into existence... good luck!
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
Thank you for being for so helpful I can't wait to get my driving test I just hope I get my driving test this time my husband takes me out and he told me that I don't get my driving test next hes not taking me out again and it's my 5th time he took me out yesterday and I couldn't get parella parking and I always get that one but no yesterday I couldn't get it and I hope they dont get me to do on the day of my test
(edited 4 years ago)
Failed 3 or 4 times,

I have done over 60 hours of lesson over a period of 2-3 years, had few breaks.

Still currently driving with a new instructor, and man do i want to pass. Tired of spending so much money on this.

Keep it up. Do 1-hour lesson, its much better and you can do 1-3 less a week, take a slow approach. It will help a lot more.
Reply 4
As what’s already been said - please do not give up! It took me 5/6 times over a four year period to pass my driving test and I’ve been driving now for over 2 years with no accidents. Don’t even consider quitting! If I can pass my driving test (trust me, I genuinely thought I was never going to get my driving license at one point and started to wonder what life will be like if I can’t drive) then you can pass too!
Reply 5
Hi I doing my driving test for the sixth time and I am panicking incase I failed again for the 6th time I fail on my last driving test I was ready to go through a red traffic light and he put the handbrake up that's all I fail on and I said I hope I get it the next time and he said j hope so to

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending