The Student Room Group

10 hours of driving lessons

I am 18 y/o. Have learnt how to drive and practised driving since April 2019 but ONLY with my dad, probably done around 50 hours with him. Is 10 hours of lessons with an instructor enough to potentially pass? I am confident on roads, country lanes, roundabouts and most manoeuvres... and really its just my parking thats slightly questionable. :/
Thanks in advance
Depends. Has your dad taught you to drive how you have to drive for your driving test? Because driving normally is a LOT different from how you need to to pass the test. If he hasn’t then it may take more than 10 hours to learn habits you need to pass. I reckon it would be possible though!
Have another lesson with your instructor and ask them whether they think you've of a high enough standard to pass.
10 hours might do it, I didn't do private practice personally, but in your situation i'd just explain the a prospective instructor exactly what you want. You're reasonably confident with your driving so far but you want professional advice and some tuition to address any weaknesses they observe to bring up to test standard.
Depending on your driving, I would recommend having a driving instructor assess your driving just in case you need more hours.

DVSA advises that the average 40 hours of professional tuition and minimum of 10 hours Private tuition with a family member.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending