The Student Room Group

Path to Hokage

Basically ye I was suggested to start one of these fitness tracking/blog threads by @SuperHuman98 so heeeere goes everything yo
Be aware I will probably forget to post a lot😅

but if any of y'all have any advice or ways i can improve plz help <3

lifts, stats, and goals:
im 19 and weigh 80kg - honestly I don't want to gain any more weight but I don't feel like going on a cut so i may as well eat normally idk mainly because icba to go on a bulk with everything going on.
Do you guys think 130 - 140g protein is sufficient? I don't track calories any more I always seem to just stay at 79-80ish now
I just want to get stronger and bigger but I will concentrate on getting stronger now then bigger around summer as I have more time to cook lol

bench: 90kg
deadlift: 180kg
squats: not a clue but I can get 5 reps for 100 by struggling
OHP: 65kg

im currently doing a Suns 5 day split as thats what i used to get to 105kg bench, 205kg deadlift and 140kg squat. So I'm going to stick with that until i get my bench to 100. But superhuman98 did suggest another program which I will try later in the year.

my lifts were much higher around October in 2019 but then coursework came along and I only started again recently. Kind of frustrating but aye let's see where I can get too
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

today i was with a friend and we had a time limit so i couldn't get all my sets in as I had to show him how to use the equipment, etc

pullups: 1x8, 1x7, 1x6, 1x5, 1x4
ohp: 45kgx5, 50kgx3, 60kgx2, 50kgx3, 50kgx3, 40kgx8 (wasn't supposed to go for 60x2 but that was a PR so im guessing 65ish is my max)
Bent over rows: 80kgx6, 70kgx8, 60kgx10 (was supposed to do more sets)
incline bench: 40kgx8, 50kgx8, 60kgx8, 65kgx6
dealt raise: 12.5kg 3x8
chest flies cant remember what weight but 3x8
dips: 15kg weighted 3x6

does it matter what order you do each muscle group in?
in the program i do chest 3 days a week and legs twice - after i get that 100kg bench ill start to concentrate more on squats as im really lacking right now. I also recently changed my squats wider as I seemed to be getting knee pain and I think its fixed (the thing is I have always had knee issues tho but it was solved with knee sleeves before)
(edited 4 years ago)
I’d follow it the same order nSuns lays out but if you try it your own way and it works then yeah you can go with it :smile:.

I’d say 140g of protein should be fine but again it depends. See how it goes it’s gonna be easy to add more protein if you need to.
Btw you posted in the wrong section. This is fitness not fitnessblogs :tongue:
Original post by SuperHuman98
Btw you posted in the wrong section. This is fitness not fitnessblogs :tongue:

Oh dang 😅 can I change it?
Original post by kurro
Oh dang 😅 can I change it?

Mods would be able to
@Angry cucumber yo can u help me change the thread to fitness blogs plz? :confused:
basically forgot to post so here is yesterdays:
bench: 67.5kg x5, 77.5kg x 3, 85kg x1, 80kgx3, 77.5x5, 72.5x3, 70x5, 62.5x3, 57.5x5

ohp: 40kgx8, 40kgx7, 40kgx4, 50kgx5 (was supposed to do more sets but it was almost 1am so i couldn't be asked 😅

chest push machine 8x3

chest flies 8x3,

side dealt raise 8x3

tricep extensions 8x3
then today, i dont know what wrong with me squats just dont feel good anymore. :/ My form is good i eat right but idk maaaan its annoying (maybe its because my calves are sore? 0.o because i went on a 15mile jog for fun last week i can walk normally and squat normally but it hurts when i go down steps -_- maybe i shouldnt have ran the day after that too lol)

squats: 85kgx5, 95kgx3, 107.5kgx1, 100kgx3, 95kgx3, 90kgx3, 85kgx5, 77.5kgx5, 70kgx8

sumo: (was supposed to do more but again i went rlly late 😅) 60kgx5, 100kgx5, 120kgx5, 140kgx3

Romanian deadlifts: 100kgx6, 100kgx6

leg press: 150kgx8, 200kgx6, 200kgx6

leg extension: 85kg - 8x3

hanging leg raise for abs 8x3 (added 6kg for the last set)
(edited 4 years ago)
It’s because nSuns is a Linear Progression programme and you are pretty intermediate. So everything probs feels hard/doesn’t feel good You defo should be getting more than 1 in the third set. I’d suggest change programmes tho
It’s because nSuns is a Linear Progression programme and you are pretty intermediate. So everything probs feels hard/doesn’t feel good You defo should be getting more than 1 in the third set. I’d suggest change programmes tho

what programme do u suggest bro? the one u told me about before in PM? forgot the name of the programme lmao
Original post by kurro
what programme do u suggest bro? the one u told me about before in PM? forgot the name of the programme lmao

I forgot what I told you 😂. What are your goals?
I forgot what I told you 😂. What are your goals?

oh well 😂 (i swear it was tan 2.0 or sumin)
i just wanna puuurely get stronger whilst maintaining my current weight
Original post by kurro
oh well 😂 (i swear it was tan 2.0 or sumin)
i just wanna puuurely get stronger whilst maintaining my current weight

Jacked and Tan 2.0 will be good might seem complicated though I am sure you would understand it

People in my powerlifting Club have had good results with Candito 6 week programme. Also Calgary Barbells free programmes. I’d be tempted to do those before Jacked and tan

@illusionz might be able to recommend you something.

I generally just advice any intermediate training
Jacked and Tan 2.0 will be good might seem complicated though I am sure you would understand it

People in my powerlifting Club have had good results with Candito 6 week programme. Also Calgary Barbells free programmes. I’d be tempted to do those before Jacked and tan

@illusionz might be able to recommend you something.

I generally just advice any intermediate training

ohh alrighty
ill check into those now ty for the suggestions

side note: do ya take creatine? cause my friend keeps suggesting it to me
iv taken it before but i was a beginner then sooo i couldn't really tell any difference
Original post by kurro
ohh alrighty
ill check into those now ty for the suggestions

side note: do ya take creatine? cause my friend keeps suggesting it to me
iv taken it before but i was a beginner then sooo i couldn't really tell any difference

I don’t. Not necessary. It helps you get 1 more rep maybe. You can try if you want
Jacked and Tan is a good program but probably too much of you want to cut.

How many days a week do you want to train?
Original post by kurro
@Angry cucumber yo can u help me change the thread to fitness blogs plz? :confused:

I haven't been a mod for years. #fired
Original post by illusionz
Jacked and Tan is a good program but probably too much of you want to cut.

How many days a week do you want to train?

Right now I go five and that’s pretty chill
Original post by Angry cucumber
I haven't been a mod for years. #fired

Ohh you were on some kind of list so I just assumed, sorry hahah
But do u known any mods that could help me? 😭

Quick Reply

Latest