Why Plymouth?

Scroll to see replies

lom
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Hey everyone! 😀

If you've received an offer from Plymouth and are wondering which university to choose as your firm offer, I thought I'd help provide some information to help make your decision!

Visit an offer holder day!
If you have an offer from us, you'll be invited to our exclusive offer holder days on 24th Feb and 23rd March! You can find more information here! I would highly recommend visiting us for one of these days as it's a more hands-on opportunity to speak to students, staff, and get involved with subject-specific activities to get an idea of what it's like to be a Plymouth student.

Take a look at the city and local area!
After all, the university you choose will be your second home from September so I always advise students to have a look round the city and what it has to offer when visiting an open day/offer holder day (or just having a look around for the day!) If you're visiting Plymouth soon, be sure to check out the National Marine Park, Drake's Circus shopping centre (just a 2 minute walk from the campus), and the historic Barbican waterfront (with some amazing fish and chip shops!) Our local area has a great blend of vibrant student city life, as well as some beautiful natural surroundings from the ocean and Dartmoor!

Speak to students!
I'd recommend speaking to students from the university to help you decide if it's right for you. You'll be able to ask them about student life and their honest experiences on their course. You can chat to our student ambassadors at an offer holder day or ask questions virtually any time via our Unibuddy site! We have course reps from most subject areas who are happy to answer any questions you have and generally chat about their course and what the university is like.

Check out the university's accommodation guarantee!
The University of Plymouth guarantees you a place in Halls (either University-managed or with an accredited private halls provider) or in other suitable student accommodation if you are an undergraduates holding a firm offer and apply for your accommodation (and are eligible under the T&Cs) before 17:00 on 4 July 2024! This is a great way to have peace of mind that you'll secure accommodation for your first year at the university. The university's accommodation portal is now open for booking, too! For more information check out this page!

If you have any questions of want to find out more, feel free to ask me anything! I'm always happy to help 🙂

Best of luck and hope to see you in Plymouth soon!

-Alfie, University of Plymouth Undergraduate Student Rep
Hi there! :smile:

I thought it might be useful for anyone considering Plymouth as their firm university choice to take a look at our Unibuddy page where we have plenty of student-written blogs diving into student life here at the uni, as well as course insights, and information about applications and the facilities! We also have plenty of students from most course areas on the platform so feel free to chat to them about any questions you might have!

Feel free to check out any of our other University of Plymouth official threads on TSR, with some great information on FAQ's, accommodation, applications, and more, whilst I'm always on the platform to answer any general university related questions you might have!

-Alfie, University of Plymouth Undergraduate Student Rep
Why Plymouth?! :confused:

As many of you will be considering what universities to make your firm and insurance choices, I thought it would be useful to give a run-down of the factors that most drew me to making Plymouth my 1st choice university!

Location!

Accommodation Guarantee!

Support and advice!

Outstanding facilities!

If you have any questions about the university or city, please feel free to reach out and I'd be happy to help!

Hope to see you in Plymouth from September! :smile:

-Alfie, University of Plymouth Undergraduate Student Ambassador
Hi everyone! 👋

Hope you're looking forward to the summer and hopefully starting university, which is just round the corner now! 👀

If you're still yet to make your decision about which universities to make your firm and insurance choices, I thought I'd share some tips for making an informed decision, ensuring you account for all the important factors in your choice beyond your course choice!

Chat to current students 🤳 Be sure to speak to students from the universities you're considering- what do they have to say? Can they answer your questions and provide you with some valuable insight into student life? I'd recommend chatting to them and seeing what you can find out which might influence your decision as they can speak honestly from a similar perspective what it's like to attend that university. At Plymouth, we have a great platform called Unibuddy where you can speak to students from a range of subjects, whilst I'm always here on TSR to chat about what we have to offer here!

Location 🌍️ Consider where the universities are you have applied for- are they campus or city universities? Rural or urban? Does the area have lots to get up to on your days off and does it have all the necessities (e.g. lots of shops, activities, and natural spots)? Here in Plymouth, the location was one of the main reasons I was drawn to this university- the city has lots going on without being too busy and everything is close by with all the great necessities, as well as good transport links and some amazing scenic views of the ocean!

Accommodation offerings 🏡 What does the university have to offer in terms of accommodation? What are the halls like, from price ranges to availability, condition and options? To suit a range of budgets and preferences, you can select from 6 different halls of residence here at Plymouth, all just a few minutes walk from our city centre campus. Check out the options here and don't forget about our amazing accommodation guarantee for those applying before 4th July and making us their firm choice! We also have an excellent residence life program to get involved with!

Follow your heart! 💟 Oftentimes, I would definitely say that you can get a great sense of the atmosphere and feeling for a university by visiting an open day or the city, so make sure to check out your options if you haven't already! 27th April is our next open day so come and see what we have to offer in Britain's Ocean City!

-Alfie, University of Plymouth Undergraduate Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending