The Student Room Group

Dental Hygiene-Therapy Plymouth 2022

Hi, I am looking to reach out to others that have applied for DTH. I have applied to Plymouth, Bristol, Cardiff and Porstmouth. I have so far had interviews with Bristol and Porstmout via Online.
Has anybody heard from Plymouth yet?
Please feel free to ask questions about the interviews I've had! 😊

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by ellenjames17
Hi, I am looking to reach out to others that have applied for DTH. I have applied to Plymouth, Bristol, Cardiff and Porstmouth. I have so far had interviews with Bristol and Porstmout via Online.

Hiya, i replied to your post on the official DHT thread!! I’ve applied for the same unis and have an interview for Bristol next wednesday. Haven’t heard anything from plymouth or cardiff yet! How was the bristol interview, do you have any tips? Also what did you use to wrap as i can’t find anything that’s the right size!! x
Original post by chvrlo
Hiya, i replied to your post on the official DHT thread!! I’ve applied for the same unis and have an interview for Bristol next wednesday. Haven’t heard anything from plymouth or cardiff yet! How was the bristol interview, do you have any tips? Also what did you use to wrap as i can’t find anything that’s the right size!! x

Hiya! I think it went well, it was a 2 person panel, and they were really friendly. Not too many questions either, so don't worry about it too much, no scary ones. I just used leftover Xmas wrapping paper and found a small phone box to wrap, and that was fine 🙂 Just remember to be yourself! X
Reply 3
Hiya! I think it went well, it was a 2 person panel, and they were really friendly. Not too many questions either, so don't worry about it too much, no scary ones. I just used leftover Xmas wrapping paper and found a small phone box to wrap, and that was fine 🙂 Just remember to be yourself! X

Did you come across anything you weren’t able to answer?(not asking for specifics) I think that’s my worst fear.. I have 10000000 reasons why i want to be a dht and qualities needed. What grades did you apply with if you don’t mind me asking? x
Reply 4

sorry wrap what?? im so confused and did you guys do the bristol assessment x
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by naz.12
sorry wrap what?? im so confused and did you guys do the bristol assessment x

I think Bristol send everyone the supplementary questionnaire as they use that instead of reading your personal statement. This is the link they send to make sure you have everything ready for the interview. They ask you to wrap a small box in wrapping paper/newspaper, this is to see your level of manual dexterity (correct me if i’m wrong anyone!) https://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/after-you-apply/interviews/dental-hygiene/

and this is the admissions statements on how they select for interview https://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/media/undergraduate/admissions-statements/2022/dental-hygiene.pdf
You get ranked according to your academic grades and the supplementary questionnaire! Hope this helps x
I applied to university of Plymouth as well.They said they will contact me at the end of the January.Yet I am still waiting for my reply for the interview.
Reply 7
Original post by Tinytruffles
I applied to university of Plymouth as well.They said they will contact me at the end of the January.Yet I am still waiting for my reply for the interview.

They contacted me today and said it will be end of feb now
Reply 8
plymouth said they will reply in end of december with interview details if you are succesful
Reply 9

if you havent heard back might be rejection
Reply 10
Original post by hkw24
plymouth said they will reply in end of december with interview details if you are succesful

It’s end of Feb, they emailed me last week
Original post by hkw24
if you havent heard back might be rejection

It is still early days. And as above was mentioned, they have said to some that it may not be until the end of Feb for Plymouth to contact people. Have you heard from them yourself?
Hi, I have applied to Plymouth and have yet to hear anything from them. Has everyone else had interviews??
Reply 13
Original post by Lau_Lau84
Hi, I have applied to Plymouth and have yet to hear anything from them. Has everyone else had interviews??

Plymouth emailed me last week saying it would be the end of feb and then the next email i got it said middle of feb so 🤷🏼*♀️ They requested more information about my access course
Original post by chvrlo
Plymouth emailed me last week saying it would be the end of feb and then the next email i got it said middle of feb so 🤷🏼*♀️ They rested more information about my access course

Hey, thanks for the reply. Starting to get so nervous now with zero response. Can I ask did you reply through a college or independently?
Hey, thanks for the reply. Starting to get so nervous now with zero response. Can I ask did you reply through a college or independently?

*apply
Reply 16

I’m not entirely sure what you mean but I applied through my access course provider and they gave references and predicted grades as I still have one assignment left to do. Hopefully that’s what you meant lol
Reply 17
got an interview
Got rejected :cry2:
Original post by Dentaldreams
Got rejected :cry2:

😔 so sorry! I haven't heard yet... when did they let you know?

Quick Reply

Latest