The Student Room Group

University of Nicosia Medical School 2020 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by kktrian
Same I'm in year 13 with no uk offers (as of yet, still waiting for Cardiff and BSMS). I accepted on Saturday but my deadline was tomorrow (20th). I'm just not feeling confident about getting a uk offer, also it's an ABB offer so I'm using it as a backup in case I don't make the AAA grades.

hi
I am from UK and I have got ABB
And have interview Wednesday for Nicosia for medical course. Any tips?
Reply 41
Original post by kktrian
Yeah I have accepted and paid the deposit as I wanted to secure my place and I have no other offers. I've also applied through UCAS Extra to see if I can maybe get a UK offer this year, though I'm not sure which I'd choose if I did. Are you a UK student?

Hey guys! I am thinking of applying for the year 2021. Can any of you let me know how hard is it to get in? Is it competitive? Thank you!
Hey Habib. Can I please ask if USMLE is mandatory before getting into phase 3. Of MD programme in University Nicosia - how is studies and atmosphere otherwise. Are the seats full - do lot of students join in UNIC I am a parent considering this fir son. Thank you
(edited 3 years ago)
Hey Munish. Sure, feel free to ask anything. The USMLE is no longer mandatory, but an option for anyone who is planning to enter the US for residency. The university still covers the first attempt fee for the exam.Studies are good. They are of good quality. It depends on which class and which professor as with everyother university. Some professors are amazing and some just read off the ppt and are boring. The atmosphere depends on how you are and who you surround yourself with really. If you surround yourself with motivated students who study well and motivate you to do better then you will do good. If you surround yourself with a group of people that do not care about their studies then it will be difficult to maintain university. Apart from that, the atmosphere in class is just like any other class. The seats were not full when i was in classes, however, the number of students have tripled in size so i am sure the seats are full. The number of students in the year above me are 25. In my year we are 40 or so. The year below me are in their 80s i think, and the year below them in the 100s. The uni has been becoming popular and therefore the number of students joining has been increasing.I hope this helped
Thank you very much again
Original post by theIVlineYT
Hey :smile:
So yes, i would definitely recommend it.

When i came 4 years ago i was definitely skeptical, i wasn't sure what i was getting myself into. However, i can safely say now that i do not regret a singe decision i made.
The doctors, professors, facilities, library - everything is what you would want it to be in a medical school. Could there be improvements in certain professors? yes, but what university doesn't need improvements.

The anatomy lab has enough cadavers for everyone and if not they split the groups to the according sizes. The clinical labs where we practice OSCEs is really good. The way they programme is designed - the first 3.5 years being 80% lecture/tutorial/PBL based and 20% being clinical practice. Then the shift to 4th year + where its 95% clinical is really good. Even the 20% clinical in years 1-3 are so good - you technically learn all the different kinds of clinical examinations.

Year 1 is a bit boring because it is bio, chem, physics etc.. so you just have to push through that - its mainly there to filter those who won't be able to deal with the pressure.
Our first graduating cohort is this year and if there are any updates i will let you know :smile:

If you have any specific questions, do let me know.

Hi, I am in Hong Kong and received offer for Sep 21. I would like to know the University degree recognition and pathway to go for higher studies or residency in UK and US.

When i came 4 years ago i was definitely skeptical, i wasn't sure what i was getting myself into. However, i can safely say now that i do not regret a singe decision i made.
The doctors, professors, facilities, library - everything is what you would want it to be in a medical school. Could there be improvements in certain professors? yes, but what university doesn't need improvements.

The anatomy lab has enough cadavers for everyone and if not they split the groups to the according sizes. The clinical labs where we practice OSCEs is really good. The way they programme is designed - the first 3.5 years being 80% lecture/tutorial/PBL based and 20% being clinical practice. Then the shift to 4th year + where its 95% clinical is really good. Even the 20% clinical in years 1-3 are so good - you technically learn all the different kinds of clinical examinations.

Year 1 is a bit boring because it is bio, chem, physics etc.. so you just have to push through that - its mainly there to filter those who won't be able to deal with the pressure.
Our first graduating cohort is this year and if there are any updates i will let you know :smile:

Can you work in the UK after grgraduating? Since you don't get student loans can u apply for a loan in the bank? Or are their scholarships? Also are there any Indians at that university since I'm also one.
Original post by Caramelcoffee
Can you work in the UK after grgraduating? Since you don't get student loans can u apply for a loan in the bank? Or are their scholarships? Also are there any Indians at that university since I'm also one.

Yes you can work in the UK after graduating.

I can't speak for loans, I don't know how it works, sorry.

For scholarships you should contact the university directly.

There are a few indians. Hope this helps
Hi, I wanted to know if the university provides internships for you or do you need to do it in your own Country? Because I know some people say that they don't help you with that.
Original post by Timmy007
Hi, I wanted to know if the university provides internships for you or do you need to do it in your own Country? Because I know some people say that they don't help you with that.

Hey, by internship do you mean residency? as in after you graduate?
Hey, by internship do you mean residency? as in after you graduate?

Yes
You can do it in any country you wish, as long as you meet the requirements. There is no rule to go back to your country. Just do research on whatever country you want to go to for your internship and make sure you meet the requirements.

hope that helps :biggrin:
Thank you so much.

Is the requirements in terms of how well you did during your degree? And after you do your residency are you allowed to practice in the UK?
Requirements can be based on many things. Your nationality, where your degree is from, your results during your degree (I've never heard of this as a requirement but I'm sure in some countries it is).

Yes, you are allowed to practice in the UK. If you go to the GMC website and search for Cyprus. You will see UNIC there

Hope this helped :biggrin:
Requirements can be based on many things. Your nationality, where your degree is from, your results during your degree (I've never heard of this as a requirement but I'm sure in some countries it is).

Yes, you are allowed to practice in the UK. If you go to the GMC website and search for Cyprus. You will see UNIC there

Hope this helped :biggrin:

Thanks you!
You can do it in any country you wish, as long as you meet the requirements. There is no rule to go back to your country. Just do research on whatever country you want to go to for your internship and make sure you meet the requirements.

hope that helps :biggrin:

Sorry, just another question, do you know of any non-EU citizens that did their residency in the UK? Or know where any South African citizens went to do their residency?
Hey there, did they ask you any questions based on biology or chemistry, or was it mainly motivation based and why you chose medicine? one more question do they have a deadline that you must apply by or you can apply once you receive your A- level results on results day?
Hey guys,I am looking forward to seeing everyone at Unic. Just wanted to ask a student about the social life, like partying and night life? Would appreciate a reply ☺️
Reply 58
Hey guys :smile:
My name is Habib and i am a 4th year MD at university of Nicosia. I did my bachelors degree at Coventry Uni in the UK and moved to Cyprus for Medicine.

I had some free time due to the COVID lockdown so i thought i'd come on here and find students who want to study at UNIC and answer any questions :smile:

Let me know if you have any questions and i am more than happy to answer them.

Does sombody knows if this program is recomended?I heared some bad reviews such as: 1.negelgece by the university staff torwards students2. very unorgenized studying system to deliver the knowledge3. exsams which are too dificult to pass or imposible to have a good grade 4. problems finding jobs after graduation in the UK or other countries in europeAnd more...Can sombady confrim this info or has a differnt info regarding this program ?If anybody knows would you tecomend this program?
Reply 59

Does sombody knows if this program is recomended?I heared some bad reviews such as: 1.negelgece by the university staff torwards students2. very unorgenized studying system to deliver the knowledge3. exsams which are too dificult to pass or imposible to have a good grade 4. problems finding jobs after graduation in the UK or other countries in europeAnd more...Can sombady confrim this info or has a differnt info regarding this program ?If anybody knows would you tecomend this program?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending