The Student Room Group

University of Nicosia Medical School 2020 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Uhgh
Does sombody knows if this program is recomended?I heared some bad reviews such as: 1.negelgece by the university staff torwards students2. very unorgenized studying system to deliver the knowledge3. exsams which are too dificult to pass or imposible to have a good grade 4. problems finding jobs after graduation in the UK or other countries in europeAnd more...Can sombady confrim this info or has a differnt info regarding this program ?If anybody knows would you tecomend this program?

as a final year, i would recommend it. I don't know where you're hearing these reviews from but I disagree with them personally.
1. Negligence? In general? That's a very broad statement. One student complaining about being neglected does not mean every single student has the same experience. There are bad professors and there are good ones. Just like any other university.
2. very unorganised studying system? I'm confused. They are lectures, tutorials and CLINICAL teaching from year 2. I did 3 years in the UK for my bachelors degree and the teaching system is the exact same. Lectures, tutorials and clinical teaching. Literally the same as the UK. I completely completely disagree with this one.
3. this is the most inaccurate one. Exams are NOT 'too' difficult to pass. Yes, there are a few people that fail the exams but that is the case in EVERY OTHER university. Impossible to have a good grade? I would say 99% of the exams have a bell curve. meaning some students get A's, some C's. Some fail. but the majority in the B+, A- region. So again, completely disagree with this one.
4. Most of the people that applied to the UK for jobs have gotten it. The ones who didn't get in is because they didn't do well in either the SJT exam or the interview and that has nothing to do with the university. The majority of graduates have gotten jobs in the UK. I don't know about Europe so I'm not gonna comment on that.

I would say all of the points you mentioned are inaccurate and I'm not sure where you're getting these reviews from. I would be careful and would not believe a comment from one person who failed and left the uni possibly and has a sour taste left behind.
actually, out of curiosity, can i see where you found these reviews? I'm genuinely shocked that someone has said the exams are way too difficult to pass
Original post by Timmy007
Sorry, just another question, do you know of any non-EU citizens that did their residency in the UK? Or know where any South African citizens went to do their residency?

sorry i completely missed this. Yes there's so far been one or two non-eu who are doing their residency in the UK. It is a simple process and you just got to follow it step by step.
The only reason it's 1 person is because only 1 non-eu decided to go to UK, there will be more from my year when we graduate.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I am in Hong Kong and received offer for Sep 21. I would like to know the University degree recognition and pathway to go for higher studies or residency in UK and US.

hey ther. I don't know about the US personally. but for the UK once you graduate you apply through the f2-standalone programme and become a junior doctor in F2 :smile:
Reply 64
Original post by theIVlineYT
actually, out of curiosity, can i see where you found these reviews? I'm genuinely shaocked that someone has said the exams are way too difficult to pass

Are you in the MBBS or MD program because Im refering to the MBBS
Original post by Uhgh
Are you in the MBBS or MD program because Im refering to the MBBS

MD program.
This is the forum for the MD program.

I can't speak on behalf of the MBBS program.
Hey :smile:
So yes, i would definitely recommend it.

When i came 4 years ago i was definitely skeptical, i wasn't sure what i was getting myself into. However, i can safely say now that i do not regret a singe decision i made.
The doctors, professors, facilities, library - everything is what you would want it to be in a medical school. Could there be improvements in certain professors? yes, but what university doesn't need improvements.

The anatomy lab has enough cadavers for everyone and if not they split the groups to the according sizes. The clinical labs where we practice OSCEs is really good. The way they programme is designed - the first 3.5 years being 80% lecture/tutorial/PBL based and 20% being clinical practice. Then the shift to 4th year + where its 95% clinical is really good. Even the 20% clinical in years 1-3 are so good - you technically learn all the different kinds of clinical examinations.

Year 1 is a bit boring because it is bio, chem, physics etc.. so you just have to push through that - its mainly there to filter those who won't be able to deal with the pressure.
Our first graduating cohort is this year and if there are any updates i will let you know :smile:

If you have any specific questions, do let me know.

Hi, im considering to study medicine at university of nicosia, i would like to know of they use past papers in their exams. Is it hard?? Do they fail people after year 1? Please advise
Hey :smile:
So yes, i would definitely recommend it.

When i came 4 years ago i was definitely skeptical, i wasn't sure what i was getting myself into. However, i can safely say now that i do not regret a singe decision i made.
The doctors, professors, facilities, library - everything is what you would want it to be in a medical school. Could there be improvements in certain professors? yes, but what university doesn't need improvements.

The anatomy lab has enough cadavers for everyone and if not they split the groups to the according sizes. The clinical labs where we practice OSCEs is really good. The way they programme is designed - the first 3.5 years being 80% lecture/tutorial/PBL based and 20% being clinical practice. Then the shift to 4th year + where its 95% clinical is really good. Even the 20% clinical in years 1-3 are so good - you technically learn all the different kinds of clinical examinations.

Year 1 is a bit boring because it is bio, chem, physics etc.. so you just have to push through that - its mainly there to filter those who won't be able to deal with the pressure.
Our first graduating cohort is this year and if there are any updates i will let you know :smile:

If you have any specific questions, do let me know.

Hi Habib,
Just need a little info regarding UNIC degree for UK passport holders.Can they immediately work as FY1 UK after 6 Years

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending