The Student Room Group

advice on driving tests?? How many times did it take you to pass??

Hi guys!!
So I failed my second driving test this morning and I’m feeling really embarrassed, I’ve booked my third one for in about a months time at 8.10 because I really liked that time. but I just feel so under pressure as I really want to pass because I just feel so dumb,
My first driving test I was really nervous and failed as my leg kept shaking (due to nerves) on a parallel park :frown:
My second one, today, I thought I did really well in, I had it at 8.10 and the route was really nice. They failed me as I couldn’t remember how to turn my wipers on... other than that I got 4 minors.
Just wondered if anyone has any advices for my third time or how to relax and ensure to pass! Thanks!
I passed first time. Honestly I was so scared, so nervous I always cried. My key was to act confident 😂 I just pretended I was the best driver in the world and I knew exactly what I was doing and after 5 mins in the car I calmed down and started to believe myself
Passed first time. I acted confident and talked with the examiner which made me realise that they're a person too and are just trying to do their job. If your driving instructor is part of a company maybe ask if another instructor can take you out for a drive and act as the examiner for a practice test. If you feel comforted by having your driving instructor in the car with you maybe consider having them in your test too, although for me, that would have been my worst nightmare because I'd feel bad making mistakes
Reply 3
I failed my first one as well, for speeding... The nerves definitely played a part too, but for my second one I just tried to relax and rely on what I'd learned in the lessons. As someone mentioned already, you can chat with your examiner, which definitely helped me settle in at the start.

Good luck for your next test; I know a guy who took it four times before he passed and drives all the time now.

Final bit of advice, don't mistake a 30mph sign for 50...
Original post by Frxnmcx

Just wondered if anyone has any advices for my third time or how to relax and ensure to pass! Thanks!

The best thing thing to do is to stop worrying about failing and just concentrate on driving safely!
Original post by Frxnmcx
Hi guys!!
So I failed my second driving test this morning and I’m feeling really embarrassed, I’ve booked my third one for in about a months time at 8.10 because I really liked that time. but I just feel so under pressure as I really want to pass because I just feel so dumb,
My first driving test I was really nervous and failed as my leg kept shaking (due to nerves) on a parallel park :frown:
My second one, today, I thought I did really well in, I had it at 8.10 and the route was really nice. They failed me as I couldn’t remember how to turn my wipers on... other than that I got 4 minors.

Failed two so far mate got another one coming up which is rush which am not confident about

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending