The Student Room Group

Too tired to revise after school

Doing A levels at the moment (year 13) and I’m finding that on normal days after school I can normally do about 3 hours of revision, but on days where I have after school revision in school I find that I come home too tired to do anything, only get about an hour in. How can I get around this?
Hi there. I know exactly how you feel. What's your sleeping schedule like on those days? When do you fall asleep/ wake up?
Reply 2
Original post by clueIxss
Hi there. I know exactly how you feel. What's your sleeping schedule like on those days? When do you fall asleep/ wake up?

Hi
I Fall asleep around 11:30 to midnight on a good night (I have trouble sleeping, even when I’m tired) and wake up at 7
Original post by Icykitten
Hi
I Fall asleep around 11:30 to midnight on a good night (I have trouble sleeping, even when I’m tired) and wake up at 7

I understand. You should try and lie down a bit earlier so you get the recommended 8 hours. You're not getting too far off though... Is your after school revision teacher-directed or do you stay in school by choice?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by clueIxss
I understand. You should try and lie down a bit earlier so you get the recommended 8 hours. You're not getting too far off though... Is your after school revision teacher-directed or do you stay in school by choice?

Thank you for the advice but I find it really hard to fall asleep before the time I said, I once went to bed at 9:00 and I was awake for over two hours until I actually feel asleep 😢
My after school revision is teacher-directed and it’s compulsory to attend as well :frown:
Original post by Icykitten
Thank you for the advice but I find it really hard to fall asleep before the time I said, I once went to bed at 9:00 and I was awake for over two hours until I actually feel asleep 😢
My after school revision is teacher-directed and it’s compulsory to attend as well :frown:

I understand, and you're probably so tired because the revision sessions are basically another lesson. I know if I had to stay longer than the end of the day (getting there was a struggle as it is lol) it'd drain me even more. I had a 5pm lecture last semester every MONDAY and it KILLED me! I think even if you're not doing as much revision at home on those days, you shouldn't stress because you have the chance to work at school. Believe me, I'd rather study at home too, but don't panic too much about it, especially with how much you're doing on the other days. Give yourself a bit of a break- get what you can done on those days after the sessions, and let yourself rest!

Getting into bed earlier and resting is better than staying up, because at least your brain is winding down. Try switching off your devices an hour before you're supposed to get into bed, and do something a little kinder on the eyes like reading (a book, even your revision notes if you can motivate yourself enough!). That blue light is bound to keep you awake. It could just be that subconscious stress about your exams is making it harder to sleep too. You're not getting too little sleep though, maybe only half an hour to an hour less than recommended.

In conclusion- don't worry! Those revision sessions are still revision, and if you're too worried about it, you can always work a little extra on the weekends to make up for it (but you sound like you have a good routine with a good amount of work over the week right now).
Have an energy drink or a coffee.
If your saying you have no energy surely you would be able to fall asleep earlier or have a power nap after school?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending