The Student Room Group

Is raw chicken okay to eat on the 3rd day

I bought some chicken breast strips from Tesco on Monday; not frozen.
I used some chicken on Monday to make a dish. I then put the remaining in a freezer bag to put away in my fridge.
It's now Wednesday and I want to use the chicken to make another dish, will it be safe to eat? Help please!
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I used some chicken on Monday to make a dish. I then put the remaining in a freezer bag to put away in my fridge.
It's now Wednesday and I want to use the chicken to make another dish, will it be safe to eat? Help please!

What does the packet guidelines say?
Should be fine since you froze it.
Check guidelines to make sure.
Reply 3
I didn't freeze it. After use I put it back in the fridge
Eat it raw

I’m afraid no one here will be able to answer that question for you, not least of all because you’ve not mentioned the use by date stated on the original packaging, but also because of whole a host of other variables.

Chances are, if purchased on Monday and stored correctly in the fridge since then, and there’s no noticeable smell or sliminess, they’ll be good to use... but, as you’ll be aware, chicken is amongst the most dangerous raw meats to take chances with. If there’s any element of doubt, it’s likely best you give it a miss.

Maybe stick to a vegetarian option today if you’re not sure and you’re a student low on funds.
Reply 6
You must of misinterpreted my message lol. I mean raw chicken that has been kept in the fridge since Monday. Is it safe to eat AFTER I cook it on the 3rd day? I'm putting the raw chicken in the frying pain to make a dish.
Should be fine to cook with still, but be careful.
If not sure then choose something else to cook with instead.

Does it look funny?
Does it smell funny?

If not, cook it and eat it. Rely on your senses :smile:
Reply 9

Thread starter here.
Seeing the responses and chicken being a high risk food.
I have thrown away the chicken and planned to cook something else. It's a bit risky and I didn't want to take it.
Reply 10
Whose children have you been killing for your meals?
"raw children" i am laughing lol :rofl3:
Thread starter here.
Seeing the responses and chicken being a high risk food.
I have thrown away the chicken and planned to cook something else. It's a bit risky and I didn't want to take it.

What a waste of food! In all likelihood they would have been absolutely fine.
Original post by Reality Check

He/She is probably a Tory.
Reply 14
Original post by Reality Check

They would have been but people throw food away too easily and waste too much. If it was in the fridge then it was fine it just needs to be cooked.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending