The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Alaric
I figured the interviewer wouldn't appreciate seeing every fold in my beer belly and so wore a suit with no tie instead. Blue shirt too, very daring, wouldn't catch me doing that these datys.

A.

Works with your boobs sticking out the top though
Reply 21
Nothing wrong with a blue shirt! - just don't wear a bright pink shirt! - not sure it looks very good on a guy! :tongue:

And Puppy - what??? :confused:
Reply 22
irisng
Nothing wrong with a blue shirt! - just don't wear a bright pink shirt! - not sure it looks very good on a guy! :tongue:

And Puppy - what??? :confused:

Well I thought I should try to show some skin at my interview- you never know, might help
Reply 23
Helenia
I wouldn't let Beckham into Cambridge :wink:

And T-shirt and blazer/jeans and blazer is just WRONG. Every time :rolleyes:

WHY??? I always dress like that when I have to go smart :tongue:
Reply 24
puppy
Well I thought I should try to show some skin at my interview- you never know, might help

Lol! - well wouldn't you rather they accepted you cus you're good enough? - not cus you were pretty??

And lol I'd rather not show skin it's way too cold for that! I will choose a smart top that makes me look slim, however :biggrin:
Reply 25
irisng
Lol! - well wouldn't you rather they accepted you cus you're good enough? - not cus you were pretty??

And lol I'd rather not show skin it's way too cold for that! I will choose a smart top that makes me look slim, however :biggrin:

Did you just insult my intelligence? Or did you call me pretty? I'm not sure I'm pretty enough for them to take me based on my looks. If you think Cambridge would even do that then why the hell apply there?
Reply 26
puppy
Works with your boobs sticking out the top though

You might, just might, send one of the oldies into hospital with a heart attack. :eek:
Reply 27
mmmmmm I'm no closer now to figuring out what to wear!! I'm thinking black trousers, black shoes and a shirt....can't really go wrong, not too OTT, not casual either.
k@tieH
mmmmmm I'm no closer now to figuring out what to wear!! I'm thinking black trousers, black shoes and a shirt....can't really go wrong, not too OTT, not casual either.

That's what I'm wearing, only brown trainers instead of black shoes. I have nothing but trainers, really skanky DMs, gothy boots and scary heels. I'm thinkin', of all the above, trainers have got to be the safest option!

:biggrin:

ZarathustraX
Reply 29
It's funny how much we're fretting about this...I doubt the interviewers would actually even take notice what we were wearing!!!!
Today I bought an outfit for it! :biggrin:

I really needed to get something a bit more presentable...
So I now have a blazer/ jacket, some smart trousers and finally some decent shoes!
I've been using the chunky black pair from the beginning of year 11 for too long, lol. Fine for work, but not this.
Surprised the shop actually had size 13s, normally a major project finding any.

So my college wardrobe is out of the window (sigh) and it's smart-caz all the way :wink:
w00t.
Reply 31
lol......you little monkeys so keen to impress! Be yourself!
Reply 32
i;m wearing nomal things...yea.

jeans, brown shoes, olive hoody not sure what underneath, maybe something black or white.
Reply 33
I thought skirt, normalish top with heels. Not sure though, I start to relax and think 'o, they won't care about clothes' and then panic, thinking of being surrounded by suited people.
Reply 34
I was toying with the idea of wearing a suit for my interview (had it in 2003), but decided to plump for a smart shirt (button undone, untucked style), trousers and shoes. I'm so glad I did because I would have felt very out of place wearing a suit as no-one else that I saw was wearing one!
Reply 35
Argh, you lot have confused me. Surely jeans isn't that bad if they don't have rips/sogans on them and you are comfortable in them? Jeans and a nice long sleeved top I think for me.
I'm wearing a cream jumper and a sort of tweed skirt, with a jacket to match. I am a bit concerned that (even though I really like it) I run the risk of looking a bit like Miss Marple. So the idea is to try and jazz it up with some nice, not too over the top jewellery.

I now need to get some brown shoes. Oh and possibly a brown bag. And maybe an umbrella...OK now I'm just going to extremes! :smile:

DISCLAIMER: I'm not really a girly-girl who just likes to shop. No honestly. I hate shopping. But still...a whole new outfit!
Reply 37
Mmmm shopping!
I've decided I need a new top for the interview. I'm wearing a black skirt, a cute lil dark blue jacket, and black boots, but I don't have a top to wear with it. I was going to wear a blueygreen shirt but the collar looked stupid with the jacket :frown:
Reply 38
I'm going to wear a suit and shirt for the interview because it just makes it easier to forget about asking yourself 'am I dressed up enough?' or 'is what I am wearing right?'. I'm not particularly worried if nobody else is wearing a suit but I would feel a bit of a wally! :tongue: So if you see me walking around Clare on the 9th, the only person in a suit please don't laugh at me! :wink:
Arcadia
I'm going to wear a suit and shirt for the interview because it just makes it easier to forget about asking yourself 'am I dressed up enough?' or 'is what I am wearing right?'. I'm not particularly worried if nobody else is wearing a suit but I would feel a bit of a wally! :tongue: So if you see me walking around Clare on the 9th, the only person in a suit please don't laugh at me! :wink:

I'm sure you won't be the only person in a suit.

Latest

Trending

Trending