The Student Room Group

Anyone going to ARU uni in January (jan intakes) - business & marketing?

hi! ive decided to go back to uni after attending brunel a year ago! took a gap year and wanted to change courses to business and marketing. just wondering if anyone is going in January since everyone usually enrols for the September intake?
Hello @Zarazara11, My name is Salimatu and I started law at ARU in January this year. For me, January was the ideal time to start the academic year because it gave me time to sort out everything and prepare my mindset. The amazing thing about ARU is that events done in September are also done in January like Welcome Week fairs with different societies and support ARU has to offer, so do not feel like you are missing out on anything. ARU will also consistently send emails to freshers about what they offer so if you are unable to attend any fairs in person then you will be fine.

The only downside of starting in January has nothing to do with ARU but it is something you should be mindful about especially after spending some time in a relatively hot climate. It is freezing in January and only gets colder so ensure you have the appropriate winter wear. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me. We are also on the same faculty so I hope I will be helpful. If you want information about your course we can find someone doing it.
Thank you.
Kind regards,
Salimatu (ARU 1st year student).
Reply 2
thank you so much for the reply! thats really interesting and im glad you're enjoying life at aru! im really nervous to meet new people again on campus and in classes! ooh also a big question I had was the sizes of classes since were starting in January? is it very different to the amount of people you'd see in September? like how many people are applying and waiting for their classes to start just like me was a though I had. I'm going to the London campus which is a little far away from me..I thought it would be Farringdon but apparently thats only for post graduates? just found that out. its a bummer since the travel time would've been cut in half! also wanted to ask is it cultural, are there lots of people from different backgrounds? thanks!!
Original post by ARUStudents
Hello @Zarazara11, My name is Salimatu and I started law at ARU in January this year. For me, January was the ideal time to start the academic year because it gave me time to sort out everything and prepare my mindset. The amazing thing about ARU is that events done in September are also done in January like Welcome Week fairs with different societies and support ARU has to offer, so do not feel like you are missing out on anything. ARU will also consistently send emails to freshers about what they offer so if you are unable to attend any fairs in person then you will be fine.

The only downside of starting in January has nothing to do with ARU but it is something you should be mindful about especially after spending some time in a relatively hot climate. It is freezing in January and only gets colder so ensure you have the appropriate winter wear. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me. We are also on the same faculty so I hope I will be helpful. If you want information about your course we can find someone doing it.
Thank you.
Kind regards,
Hey Zara, you're welcome!!
I am currently at the Cambridge campus so it might differ from the London campus. I am pretty sure the Cambridge campus is bigger. However, I think we can relatively apply class sizes. January class sizes tend to be much smaller than September. so for example in September 2022 there were almost 100 students I believe starting law whilst when I started there were only 12 students in my class. ARU Cambridge is very very diverse and ARU London will be just as diverse, you meet people of very different backgrounds but also similar to you. On my first day, I met a girl that was from another country but completed high school in the same country as me and is now in the UK like me!

I am sorry that you have to travel further for uni :frown: Depending on your course your classes might not be that frequent. I only had classes twice a week in year 1 and even if you have more you will be fine!! If you need any more help I am always here!

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Original post by ARUStudents
Hey Zara, you're welcome!!
I am currently at the Cambridge campus so it might differ from the London campus. I am pretty sure the Cambridge campus is bigger. However, I think we can relatively apply class sizes. January class sizes tend to be much smaller than September. so for example in September 2022 there were almost 100 students I believe starting law whilst when I started there were only 12 students in my class. ARU Cambridge is very very diverse and ARU London will be just as diverse, you meet people of very different backgrounds but also similar to you. On my first day, I met a girl that was from another country but completed high school in the same country as me and is now in the UK like me!

I am sorry that you have to travel further for uni :frown: Depending on your course your classes might not be that frequent. I only had classes twice a week in year 1 and even if you have more you will be fine!! If you need any more help I am always here!

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Also!! It's okay to be nervous!! I assure you you will be fine just keep an open and positive mind. I wish you all the best!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending