The Student Room Group
:tsr:
trev1122
When is your speech evenings held? Mine is going to be on Dec. 10th, where we collect our AS certificates!

I don't know about a speech evening, but we get our GCSE certificates on the 8th of December.
Reply 3
kellywood_5
I don't know about a speech evening, but we get our GCSE certificates on the 8th of December.

We've just had our GCSE certificates. There was no nice ceremony; you just had to go and collect them. Having said that, there is usually a school awards evening in the spring and I think I'll be getting a paperweight for doing well in my GCSEs.
smallthoms
We've just had our GCSE certificates. There was no nice ceremony; you just had to go and collect them. Having said that, there is usually a school awards evening in the spring and I think I'll be getting a paperweight for doing well in my GCSEs.

We had our awards evening on the 20th of October and I got 2 £8 book tokens lol; 1 subject award for Year 11 French and 1 for my GCSE results. I would have preferred the cash though lol.
I got a £15 book voucher for my GCSE's. I have to buy a book by Dec 14th, then I give it to the teacher and then a visitor gives us the books back on the night.
Reply 6
My school had an awards evening in October but you had to have 10 A*/A to get a book voucher. If you had, say, 9A* and a B you wouldn't get anything, which is clearly very silly.
Reply 7
My old school doesn't have one at all, book vouchers or no book vouchers :frown:
Reply 8
Lord Huntroyde
If you had, say, 9A* and a B you wouldn't get anything, which is clearly very silly.

ah, that would be me out then.

though my school obviously wasn't full of such high achievers! as i won 4 of the awards, if i remember rightly.. :tongue: we didn't get book tokens though..humph.
Lord Huntroyde
My school had an awards evening in October but you had to have 10 A*/A to get a book voucher. If you had, say, 9A* and a B you wouldn't get anything, which is clearly very silly.

If they'd done that a my school, only 2 people would have got one lol. The top student got 4 A*, 8 As, 1 B and 1 D and the second highest (my mate :biggrin: ) got 1 A*, 10 As and 3 Bs. I got the third highest :biggrin: but only 7 A*/A, so I wouldn't have got anything. My school's not that good, so they have to lower it a bit!
trev1122
When is your speech evenings held? Mine is going to be on Dec. 10th, where we collect our AS certificates!

What's a speech evening? If you mean prizegiving, my AS one is on Tuesday, but I'm not going! :tongue: I'm not going because not one person I know is going, lol. Last year, I won a special award for GCSE Geog. :tongue:
Reply 11
At my school we had prizegiving where you'd get a book token for about £18 to buy a hardback, then they'd emboss the school crest onto the front which was quite cool
Bezza
At my school we had prizegiving where you'd get a book token for about £18 to buy a hardback, then they'd emboss the school crest onto the front which was quite cool

Our paperweights have the school crest on them; they must cost quite a few bob to make. At the end of KS3 I won about 3 but the teacher took 2 of them away. :frown: Oh well, who needs more than 1 paperweight?
Reply 13
I don't think we get prizes. All we do is get our AS certificates in front of everybody.
Reply 14
We had ours in late September. That was when we recieved our prizes from the year before.
Reply 15
Sounds cool. Hope we have prizes. Need to wait till next friday to find out.
Reply 16
We found out about the prizes during the summer. That way, people can arrange their trips back from uni in order to attend.
I've decided to go to mine tonight now! Fingers crossed for the geography prize. :wink: :wink:
SiAnY
I've decided to go to mine tonight now! Fingers crossed for the geography prize. :wink: :wink:

Hey, good luck, sure you'll get it! :smile: We always find out beforehand if we've got anything so we can choose a book.

Latest

Trending

Trending