The Student Room Group

Teachers Marking

So I've got a friend who is in a community college kind of thing, their teacher for speeches has a thing about the word "Mention"
So you shouldn't "mention" something in a speech you should "state it", or "argue that"
But the teacher has also gone on to say "Mostly this may be a personal thing, but hey, I am the one marking your drafts/speeches, so maybe don't annoy me over little things"

Aren't teachers supposed to have no bias against the student?
We understand the point the teacher has made that "mentioning" makes a more passive and weak argument in a speech, but are they really able to mark you down for that?

From what i've been told the teacher also doesn't seem to take the time with the students to make sure they understand it and give them "round-about" marking such as "this is too long and you don't need to repeat this" even though it's a different topic making it seem like they haven't actually read the draft of the speech and just skimmed over it.

Do you think they'd be able to get someone else to remark their speech?
Thanks for your time!
If it's possible it would be good for it to be marked by someone who doesn't teach the student so it's unbiased

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending