Applied for VN in dumfries but dk wheter to accept bc its a tad far away
im from london but always wanna do vet med
Reply 21
Original post by Wannabevetnurse
Hi guys
im arthur
Applied for VN in dumfries but dk wheter to accept bc its a tad far away
im from london but always wanna do vet med

Hi Arthur, nice to meet you :smile: I know how it feels I am also coming from far away to attend but I’m sure it will be worth it! I also applied to vet med this year although was unsuccessful, it broke my heart and so I wasn’t sure if I could go through the same again next year, was I to take a gap year. My very original plan had been vet nursing but people pushed me to vet med because of my grades (I applied to both). I’m glad where I’ve ended up though. Basically, I understand where you are coming from. Anything I can help with/ questions let me know
why does everyone wanna do vet nursing (other than liking animals)
Reply 23

Personally, I think the bond between an animal and its owner is unmatchable. So I see being able heal/ safe/ help an animal’s life is a power like no other

For me it was the only way I could get access to the wildcats to challenge one to a fight.
Original post by AC79
Hi Arthur, nice to meet you :smile: I know how it feels I am also coming from far away to attend but I’m sure it will be worth it! I also applied to vet med this year although was unsuccessful, it broke my heart and so I wasn’t sure if I could go through the same again next year, was I to take a gap year. My very original plan had been vet nursing but people pushed me to vet med because of my grades (I applied to both). I’m glad where I’ve ended up though. Basically, I understand where you are coming from. Anything I can help with/ questions let me know

People are always trying to push others to do things they dont wanna. But if you feel comfortable then go for it. I wanted to vet med but my grades lemme down so i moved to vn. But believe in yourself thats the place to start
i want to do vet nursing cause it’s not as demanding as being a vet, plus i took the wrong subjects in school to be a vet anyway. but what the vet nursing requires just interests me more anyway because i feel like there’s lots of different tasks hahah
Reply 27
People are always trying to push others to do things they dont wanna. But if you feel comfortable then go for it. I wanted to vet med but my grades lemme down so i moved to vn. But believe in yourself thats the place to start

I was a bit like this wasn’t my plan but then the more people kind of said it the more I believed I could do it and wanted to do it although I did still have a couple doubts. My grades let me down a wee bit too so I could only apply to two universities, both in England.

Not sure if you saw but I sent you a pm about a groupchat we have just now, only three of us but if you’re indecisive about SRUC you can ask us whatever I suppose but no pressure.

Did you travel up for the interview?
(edited 3 years ago)
i travelled up and it was my first time in scotland. They said if you take it youll be one of the few boys doing vn :eek:
Reply 29
i travelled up and it was my first time in scotland. They said if you take it youll be one of the few boys doing vn :eek:

Aw I think it would be good to have you there though! I was worried it would all be females haha, a mix is a good thing and so what if you’re one of the few? There will be other boys there albeit not on your course.

How did you find Scotland/ the campus?
it was snowing as well so it was proper amazingggggg but the accomadation looks very small for me..... but ive also got bristol which is the same grade requirement
Did anyone else get an email from sharon cowan
Reply 32
it was snowing as well so it was proper amazingggggg but the accomadation looks very small for me..... but ive also got bristol which is the same grade requirement

Haha it was snowing yesterday here too! I didn’t get a tour of accommodation and not sure if the boys’ is different from the girls’. You don’t have to take accommodation if you don’t want to as you can get somewhere in Dumfries or nearby to stay.

Do you think you will go to Bristol or completely unsure?

Also no didn’t get an email, what was it about?
no i haven’t had an email either, i think the boys maybe is different from the girls but i don’t know
Hi I’m Jade and I have accepted a conditional offer for vet nursing, sorry this is a bit late on from when this discussion was.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 35
Original post by jade.ro
Hi I’m Jade and I have accepted a conditional offer for vet nursing, sorry this is a bit late on from when this discussion was.

Hi Jade, nice to meet you! Same as me then :smile: what’s your conditions? (If you don’t mind me asking) - don’t worry at all you’re not late.

If you have instagram or snapchat would you like to join our groupchat? It’s just a wee group but nice to get to know some others beforehand.
Original post by AC79
Hi Jade, nice to meet you! Same as me then :smile: what’s your conditions? (If you don’t mind me asking) - don’t worry at all you’re not late.

If you have instagram or snapchat would you like to join our groupchat? It’s just a wee group but nice to get to know some others before

My conditional offer is BBBB at higher so hopefully that’ll happen but the group chat sounds great I have both.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 37
Original post by jade.ro
My conditional offer is BBBB at higher so hopefully that’ll happen but the group chat sounds great I have both.

Oh I see, so did you apply in S5 or is this highers you’re doing in S6? That’s great! If you scroll up I think my usernames are there or if you reply with yours I can add you :smile:
Original post by AC79
Oh I see, so did you apply in S5 or is this highers you’re doing in S6? That’s great! If you scroll up I think my usernames are there or if you reply with yours I can add you :smile:

Yes I’m in s5 so these are my first highers, ok I will add you now then.
Hi everyone. I’m Ciara and I have an unconditional for wildlife and conservation management at the barony. Just wanted to see if there is anyone that I can get to know before going in September?

Quick Reply

Latest