The Student Room Group

SRUC Barony/Dumfries 2020 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Ciara2002
Hi everyone. I’m Ciara and I have an unconditional for wildlife and conservation management at the barony. Just wanted to see if there is anyone that I can get to know before going in September?

Hey Ciara, nice to meet you! Abbie (above) is also doing this course, if you have snapchat/ instagram I can add you to the gc? My details should be above :smile:
Aw congrats on getting your offer! I’m headed to sruc too but oatridge for horse care x
Reply 42
Original post by Alexrouse1
Aw congrats on getting your offer! I’m headed to sruc too but oatridge for horse care x

Thank you! Aw sounds great :smile: x
Original post by AC79
Hey Ciara, nice to meet you! Abbie (above) is also doing this course, if you have snapchat/ instagram I can add you to the gc? My details should be above :smile:

I can’t seem to find ur snapchat or insta mine is Ciara.heron for sc and ciara_heron02 for insta 🤗
Did anyone go to any of the open days for the barony before deciding to go there?
Reply 45
Original post by Ciara2002
Did anyone go to any of the open days for the barony before deciding to go there?

Hi btw I added you on them! I didn’t, I first saw the campus in person when I had my interview
Hi my names Rosie and I’ve got two unconditional offers for veterinary nursing, one for Edinburgh Napier the other for SRUC. I know the situations going to be so different due to covid so struggling which one to accept!! I want to move into accomodation but don’t think they’ll be open. Any advice??? Only got a few days left !!
Reply 47
Original post by RGreen2001
Hi my names Rosie and I’ve got two unconditional offers for veterinary nursing, one for Edinburgh Napier the other for SRUC. I know the situations going to be so different due to covid so struggling which one to accept!! I want to move into accomodation but don’t think they’ll be open. Any advice??? Only got a few days left !!

Hi Rosie! First of all congrats on your offers!! I think SRUC will have accommodation open although maybe running slightly different (maybe more spaced out or grouped with people in your course to create ‘bubbles’), I’m saying this because someone I know was talking to the accommodation person, Pearl, and she mentioned how they’re looking to make it work. Are you coming from far? :smile:

Hi Rosie!! I’ve already applied for accommodation for the SRUC Barony campus and accommodation is definitely still going ahead for all campuses, but there might be a few changes to it and we’re getting emails within the next couple of weeks about it. But it’ll still definitely be going ahead x
Original post by AC79
Hi Rosie! First of all congrats on your offers!! I think SRUC will have accommodation open although maybe running slightly different (maybe more spaced out or grouped with people in your course to create ‘bubbles’), I’m saying this because someone I know was talking to the accommodation person, Pearl, and she mentioned how they’re looking to make it work. Are you coming from far? :smile:

Hi thank you so much for replying. Yeah, I’ve spoken to Pearl too she’s lovely! I’m a couple of hours away from the campus which isn’t too bad I guess! Think I’m going to accept my offer in the next few days. So nice to hear of other people who are in the same boat!
Original post by abbiecraig02
Hi Rosie!! I’ve already applied for accommodation for the SRUC Barony campus and accommodation is definitely still going ahead for all campuses, but there might be a few changes to it and we’re getting emails within the next couple of weeks about it. But it’ll still definitely be going ahead x

Hi thank you so much for your reply! That’s great to hear, think I’m going to accept my offer in the next few days:smile:
Reply 51
Hi thank you so much for replying. Yeah, I’ve spoken to Pearl too she’s lovely! I’m a couple of hours away from the campus which isn’t too bad I guess! Think I’m going to accept my offer in the next few days. So nice to hear of other people who are in the same boat!

Hey! I am so sorry I didn’t see you had replied (I normally get notifications via email but didn’t receive any for this). She does seem very nice, I’m still to meet her in person! Aw that’s good at least you don’t have huge travel :smile: oo that’s so exciting!! I can add you to the gc if you have snapchat?
Hi!! I’ve accepted a conditional offer for wildlife and conservation management.

My name’s Abbie,
And favourite colour is green as well

Me too!
Original post by Eilidh_little
Me too!

yay omg!! we have a wee group chat on snapchat with other applicants, most are doing vet nursing and animal care but me and another girl are doing wildlife and conservation management as well but at different levels. do you want to join the group chat?? no pressure if not x
yay omg!! we have a wee group chat on snapchat with other applicants, most are doing vet nursing and animal care but me and another girl are doing wildlife and conservation management as well but at different levels. do you want to join the group chat?? no pressure if not x

Yeah! My snapchat is eilidhlittle23 just add me to it and I'll add everyone back x
Original post by Eilidh_little
Yeah! My snapchat is eilidhlittle23 just add me to it and I'll add everyone back x

i’ll just do it the now!!

Hi, was just wondering is anyone doing the abc animal nursing assistant course and planning on staying at barony campus, would be nice to know someone doing the same course as me
Original post by Tegan allison
Hi, was just wondering is anyone doing the abc animal nursing assistant course and planning on staying at barony campus, would be nice to know someone doing the same course as me

hi!! i know some people are doing vet nursing, unsure if it’s the exact same course as yours but most of us will be staying on campus anyways. we have a sc group chat if you want to join x
hi!! i know some people are doing vet nursing, unsure if it’s the exact same course as yours but most of us will be staying on campus anyways. we have a sc group chat if you want to join x

Sure that’s be nice x my sc is teganallison21
Reply 59
Hey gal! I'm Laura, I'm also having a career change and doing the animal care HNC course. Do you have facebook or insta that we could chat ?

Quick Reply

Latest