The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Pencil Queen
At the time I neg repped that post you were spamming in almost every thread, creating spam threads and generally getting on my nerves:smile:

There was one spam thread, about how quiet it is at 6am, and another thread asking for help because my computer was getting 'portscan intrusion alerts' from the net security program, and I wanted to know if it was important. Was that spam? And what spam posts? I spent all night drinking Coke and sitting on TSR, and yes I got everywhere, but it wasn't spam, it was 12 hours talking to myself in an empty forum.

More importantly, why didn't you sign the rep? If you thought I was spamming then you could at least have told me. All your rep did was make me assume that there was some loser who neg-reps people for fun lurking on the boards. Piginapoke neg repped me for The Night Of A Thousand Posts and told me why and signed the rep, and I dramatically reduced my postrate. You neg-repped me and I put 'Warning: Don't post in threads with 'rep' in the title!' in my sig.

Come to think of it, why isn't Piginapoke a mod? He's responsible enough, knowledgable enough, even if he won't be spending as much time here because of Eloise.
Reply 121
Moncal
Spamming is wrong.

Hence the question mark.
Dr_Death
it wasn't spam, it was 12 hours talking to myself in an empty forum.

Personally I classify talking to yourself for 12 hours as spam

More importantly, why didn't you sign the rep?

The same reason I don't sign *any* rep pos or neg - because I don't sign rep.

I thought the reason would be obvious given the timing of it, next time I'll be sure to include a reason when I rep you...but I won't be signing it.

There's not much point in an anonymous feedback system if you sign your name.
Reply 123
Pencil Queen

I thought the reason would be obvious given the timing of it, next time I'll be sure to include a reason when I rep you...but I won't be signing it.

:eek: :eek: evil pencil queen! :wink:
Reply 124
Pencil Queen
No, according to forum rules spam is making meaningless posts. I don't think my posts were meaningless, there just happened to be a lot of them.

You neg repped me for a post discussing rep, in a thread discussing rep, in a discussion about rep messages, where I posted my rep messages. There's not much point in the rep system if the recipient has no idea why they'd been repped.
Dr_Death
No, according to forum rules spam is making meaningless posts. I don't think my posts were meaningless, there just happened to be a lot of them.

According to the forum rules there are no rules regarding reasons for giving rep. The only rules regarding rep is using it as a way to insult or offend someone.

You neg repped me for a post discussing rep, in a thread discussing rep, in a discussion about rep messages, where I posted my rep messages. There's not much point in the rep system if the recipient has no idea why they'd been repped.

There's not much point in the rep system.

It's a bit of fun. A way to let people know when you "approve" of either a particular post or their behaviour in general and when you "disapprove".

Although people who obsess about it tend to recieve more neg rep than they would if they just got on with enjoying the forum (with or without rep) for what it is.
Reply 126
Pencil Queen
There's not much point in the rep system.

It's a bit of fun. A way to let people know when you "approve" of either a particular post or their behaviour in general and when you "disapprove".

I like the rep system, I was just completely thrown when I found out that the anonymous repper I though was a practical joker turned out to be you...

Pencil Queen
Although people who obsess about it tend to receive more neg rep than they would if they just got on with enjoying the forum (with or without rep) for what it is.

:eek: Is that a threat? I'll have to go DDoS the forum until m gives me more rep than Piginapoke! :biggrin:

I'm happy to let the matter rest now.
Dr_Death
:eek: Is that a threat? I'll have to go DDoS the forum until m gives me more rep than Piginapoke! :biggrin:

It's not a threat - it's an observation...some members seem to take rep far too seriously and they tend to be the members who seem to have less fun and get less rep (either through not attracting pos or through attracting negative).
:smile:
Reply 128
Pencil Queen
It's not a threat - it's an observation...some members seem to take rep far too seriously and they tend to be the members who seem to have less fun and get less rep (either through not attracting pos or through attracting negative).
:smile:

I agree. I like rep, I like it when people give me pos rep, but I don't ask for it or devote my TSR existence to the aquisition of it. I do think it is interesting to discuss in threads other people have started, but not enough to start my own threads... :tsr: :smile:
Reply 129
Dr_Death
Come to think of it, why isn't Piginapoke a mod? He's responsible enough, knowledgable enough, even if he won't be spending as much time here because of Eloise.

Pig was offered to be a mod, but m thought it would be best to have three new girl mods (PQ, Xenon and lou p lou) so there would be 5 boy mods and 5 girl mods overall.
Reply 130
Pencil Queen = Great :smile:
Reply 131
shiny
Pencil Queen = Great :smile:

here here! (is that how you spell it in that sense?) :smile:
NikNak
here here! (is that how you spell it in that sense?) :smile:

Hear hear! is more common. (as in 'listen to this amazing orator' :rolleyes: )'
Reply 133
Golden Maverick
Hear hear! is more common. (as in 'listen to this amazing orator' :rolleyes: )'