The Student Room Group

Official Thread for Those with Afro-Hair Only - Ladies and Gents . .

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
areusureaboutthat
there is a treatment called the brazilian keratin treatment (BKT) that will make your hair nice and straight for two months. it doesn't damage your hair but during the treatment alot of heat is used.

everytime you wash your hair it will start to revert back to it's natural state so don't wash your hair everyday.

the treatment costs quite alot of money (over £100) but the results are beautiful. there are before and after videos which you can check out on youtube.

hope that helps.

thank you!.
Ala'a
thank you!.

you're welcome
Hi guys, I am getting my hair redone but this time I want to get extensions where the front bit of my hair is kind of left out so it looks more natural..If you get what I mean, kind of like in the picture.

Does anyone know what the best brand of hair extensions for this style is?

gooner1991
Hi guys, I am getting my hair redone but this time I want to get extensions where the front bit of my hair is kind of left out so it looks more natural..If you get what I mean, kind of like in the picture.

Does anyone know what the best brand of hair extensions for this style is?

I remember I bought this brand called adorable. It was really good. It looked EXACTLY like relaxed hair. Go into pak cosmetics and see if they still sell them.
Everyone thought my hair grew really fast:biggrin:
Reply 984
Well I have minimal dandruff which cant be seen but I try to

keep my hair short,
not wear hoods often,
Wash every night before i sleep using "Pantene Pro V 2 in 1"
in the morning i rinse my hair with water of anything lying in my hair
dry it and apply w/e hair product (gel) and voila!
Reply 985
Mos Def
Do you guys use coconut products or something? Most of my black friends always smell of a distinct strong coco-nutty smell....

lols... actually true
Does anyone do egg protein treatments?? .. I really want to do it, but I am lacking several products so can't today. :frown:
Reply 987
DancinBallerina
Does anyone do egg protein treatments?? .. I really want to do it, but I am lacking several products so can't today. :frown:

Nope, have heard they are good though.

I bought some ORS jojoba oil stuff but threw it out because it contained petroleum and made my hair really greasy.Will go back to the olive oil stuff. Am putting the Elasta QP mango stuff on my ends and it seems quite nice so hoping that helps maintain my regime.
Sarky
Nope, have heard they are good though.

I bought some ORS jojoba oil stuff but threw it out because it contained petroleum and made my hair really greasy.Will go back to the olive oil stuff. Am putting the Elasta QP mango stuff on my ends and it seems quite nice so hoping that helps maintain my regime.

I ran to Sainsbury's to get some cheapo conditioner (as ran out) and have jus put the egg, EVOO and amla oil on my hair! Im hoping it comes out nice - (as I got badly burned last week and my scalp and hair has just felt horrible all week.

Fingers crossed it comes out nice :smile:

I sniffed that jojoba one before and I hated the stench of it - I only use that Olive oil one for my ends, but thinking of trying the Mango one though :smile:.
Don't know if anyone has seen this girls blog/website, but it is really good and offers plenty of good tips :smile:.
Reply 990
DancinBallerina
Don't know if anyone has seen this girls blog/website, but it is really good and offers plenty of good tips :smile:.

Thats fantastic have bookmarked it :smile:
what exactly is prepoo
jessyfantastic90
what exactly is prepoo

prepoo is something you apply to your hair before you shampoo it. prepoo usually involves adding oils or conditioner to your hair. people preepoo their hair because shampoo removes natural oils from your hair.
Sarky
Thats fantastic have bookmarked it :smile:

Have been following her for the past year! :ninjagirl: but the tips, products and etc she uses are fab :smile:.

Jus finished drying my hair and the egg didn't ruin my hair - infact my hair is shiny lol :smile: Going to wrap it and then head to bed.
areusureaboutthat
prepoo is something you apply to your hair before you shampoo it. prepoo usually involves adding oils or conditioner to your hair. people preepoo their hair because shampoo removes natural oils from your hair.

so can i add olive oil to my hair before washing it??
jessyfantastic90
so can i add olive oil to my hair before washing it??

yep. go for it.
Reply 996
I actually need a haircut now, I've let my hair grow for wayyy to long now. Does anyone know any good hair products that make your hair look slick? atm I'm using bluemagic but that's not doing it for me.
Reply 997
What shampoo do you guys use? I've been using Creme of Nature Conditioning Shampoo because it was well recommended but I've just realised that the new version (which i have) contains SLS (sodium lauryl/laurate sulphate). It's so hard to find sls free shampoo, and although I like the Creme of Nature, I know these chemicals aren't good for my hair. Any alternatives? Thanks!
ors shampoo
ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo - smells lush :yep:.

Quick Reply

Latest