The Student Room Group
Reply 1
You can only submit one personal statement.
cup_of_joe
I'm applying for English (lit/lit & lang) at 4 universities and journalism at one other. Does this mean that I just write one personal statement and make it more vague, or am I allowed under UCAS to write more than one personal statement.

p.s. Sorry if this question's already been on this board.

Thanks.

Yes, it is asked about once a week on average. You can only have one personal statement. I suggest you read the wiki. You will glean some advice about how to go about it.
Reply 3
nothing new to add but OP your username is genius
Reply 4
Yeah, I thought it might have been, but thanks for answering anyway.

(and thanks for the username compliment)
Basically you have one personal statement, so if you apply for more than one course then you have to encorporate both into it.
In your case this should be quite simple, as English and Journalism are easily linked.
As long as you focus on writing about your passion for English, I'm sure you can weave in your love of journalism too. Its all about getting the write balance.

For PS info, try the wiki. TSR also has an amazing Personal Statement service where you can get advice from a current Uni student on your drafted work.
Reply 6
sorry to hijack, but does anyone think architecture and civil engineering are too different?

thanks.

Latest

Trending

Trending