The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by 04MR17
Hello all! :hello:

I've just graduated with a History (and Education) degree from Keele university. :smile:
If you have questions about what it's like to study history at uni, the best things to include in your personal statement or any other questions about applying to uni for History, drop them below. :grin:

---
This AMA is part of the 'Ask a University Student 2.0' initiative. If you want to find out more about other courses or universities, please check out the main list of threads:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6431108

Hi, don’t know if I’m much too late posting this/if this thread is still active, but I have been looking through History undergrad courses recently as I’m pretty sure that’s what I want to do, but had a few doubts/queries. It probably is a bit of a weird question but is History a depressing degree? A few places/forums I’ve been on when looking into other aspects of the course have had discussions saying something to that effect, and it’s made me reconsider whether that’s the best subject for me to do at uni. Would you say that studying horrible things and patterns of human behaviour in the past is depressing? Has it affected your outlook on life or or humans? Sorry for the slightly deep question!
Thanks.

Latest

Trending

Trending