The Student Room Group

Undergraduate Mental Health Nursing Applicant - Funding Help

Hi I have been accepted to study mental health nursing this September 2020.
I am aware of the new bursary scheme of at least £5000 - thinking I will get at least £7000 as I am doing mental health nursing and have children.
I have also applied for a maintenance loan and am waiting for a response. I will be leaving a fairly well paid job so cannot afford to take a massive hit on income with two little ones and a household to run.
I don't think we are likely to qualify for the childcare grant due to my partner's earnings but am wondering what other funding options there might be if any? Either through SFE or directly related to studying Nursing, or anything really!!
If anyone can give me any advice it would be appreciated. Many thanks
Reply 1
Original post by Twinkle87
Hi I have been accepted to study mental health nursing this September 2020.
I am aware of the new bursary scheme of at least £5000 - thinking I will get at least £7000 as I am doing mental health nursing and have children.
I have also applied for a maintenance loan and am waiting for a response. I will be leaving a fairly well paid job so cannot afford to take a massive hit on income with two little ones and a household to run.
I don't think we are likely to qualify for the childcare grant due to my partner's earnings but am wondering what other funding options there might be if any? Either through SFE or directly related to studying Nursing, or anything really!!
If anyone can give me any advice it would be appreciated. Many thanks

I am applying to do Msc children’s nursing February 2021
Like you say you should hopefully get the &7000 bursery, maybe £8000
Have you calculated your loan award amount?
You can also get 25% council tax reduction,once you start you can get letter from university and send to council.
Every little helps.
Some councils run discounted play schemes in holidays for students with children.
Some universities have scholarships for nursing.
To be fair these are usually reserved for the less well off.
If your partner has a well paid job you may not get them if someone less well off applies.
Well worth checking out for scholarships, even national ones.
I’m leaving a well paid job but I think I’ll be too busy to spend anything and as I’m doing it in 2 years can’t see myself going on holiday 😂😂
Hi there
In a similar situation myself just wondering how you got on?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending