The Student Room Group

Best camera for beginner?

What’s the best professional camera for a beginner? Looking at preowned max price of £300.

It’ll be used primarily for nature/landscape photography but will also need to be able to have good zoom & focus for any long-distance shots
Are you looking at buying an SLR or DSLR camera?
Sony A600 is a great camera but idk what they used prices in the UK are atm, you might have to stretch to £400 to get the body and a kit lens but even at that price though it's worth it. For longer zoom lenses you'll probably need more money again, and probably an extra couple of batteries. Photography is not a cheap hobby to get into but for me it's been worth every cent
I have a Nikon DSLR - d3200 which I bought 5 years ago for about £400 so I reckon you’d be able to get it your preferred price pre owned. It came with a standard lens though and the zoom isn’t the greatest so you might have to see if anyone’s selling it with a zoom lens.
Original post by londonmyst
Are you looking at buying an SLR or DSLR camera?

Think I’d preferably go for DSLR :smile:
Original post by alexschmalex
Sony A600 is a great camera but idk what they used prices in the UK are atm, you might have to stretch to £400 to get the body and a kit lens but even at that price though it's worth it. For longer zoom lenses you'll probably need more money again, and probably an extra couple of batteries. Photography is not a cheap hobby to get into but for me it's been worth every cent

Heard there’s lots of extras you end up buying lol 🙈 £400 should be OK; will have a look at the camera you have!! 😁 I’ve always been into photography and am often out & about so don’t think it’d be something I’d get bored of. As you say should be worth it 😁
Original post by 21ForEva
I have a Nikon DSLR - d3200 which I bought 5 years ago for about £400 so I reckon you’d be able to get it your preferred price pre owned. It came with a standard lens though and the zoom isn’t the greatest so you might have to see if anyone’s selling it with a zoom lens.

Cheers 😁 will have a look at the camera you’ve got and what sort of things I could do with it. As you say can buy lenses etc if I get more into it and decide to experiment:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending