The Student Room Group

Yet another AS marks problem (i know, sorry)

OK i got 2 B's in Biology and Maths and 2 C's in History and Chemsitry. I am absolutely gutted as i had my heart set on doing medicine and was expecting A's and B's but never mind.

I am definately dropping my history but at the moment i need 27 UMS marks in Bio for an A, 11 marks for a B in chemistry and 30 marks for an A in maths. Firstly do you think this will be possible with re-sits in 2 chemistry papers, 1 biology paper and 2 maths papers?

And also if I manage to convince my teachers to give me predicted grades of AAB do you think it will still be possible for me to do medicine? I'm really down atm and need some advice.

Thanks
You are not alone. I am in a similar position. I had my heart set on studying Maths in Oxbridge. I doubt I could ever get into there with A, B, B, C... :frown:
Reply 2
sharp357
do you think this will be possible with re-sits in 2 chemistry papers, 1 biology paper and 2 maths papers?

Yes, you can retake as much modules as you want to increase your overall A2 grade. The problem is that you need to revise alot for the January exams.

sharp357
if I manage to convince my teachers to give me predicted grades of AAB do you think it will still be possible for me to do medicine?

It could be possible though. If you did get an A in a module, they might consider predicting you AAB. By all means, AAB never stopped anyone from doing Medicine. I've got a cousin, he got in to Medicine, even by missing 1 or 2 marks of an A. Instead of AAA, he got AAB.

Latest