The Student Room Group

WJEC Criminology grading question

Hi! I got a high B on unit 1 (like 2 marks from an A) and likely a B on unit 2 (I haven't gone to get my results yet but am tomorrow) I was wondering if it's still possible to get an A overall for the diploma if I got a B on the certificate?
Reply 1
UPDATE: OMG I got an A overall on my certificate bc I got only 2 marks off full marks for the unit two test!! A overall here I come B)
Original post by Froggo123
UPDATE: OMG I got an A overall on my certificate bc I got only 2 marks off full marks for the unit two test!! A overall here I come B)

hey howd you revise unit 2? could you help me out for some tips
Reply 3
Original post by linnet151515
hey howd you revise unit 2? could you help me out for some tips

Yeah of course!

I mostly used flashcards for all the different theories, eg on one side I'd have "Lombroso", then on the other side I'd write either biological, sociological, or individual theory (in this case Biological) and a very short explanation of what the theory is, the shorter you can make it the better! Then I got my friends to test me on them a lot, they would give me a name is I'd say "he had a biological theory! It was ...." And explain it. I'd do this for like 5 mins on the way to school every day, even if I didn't get through all the cards, and then occasionally I'd do it for longer in a proper revision session

Another method I used a lot was mind map blurting, it's pretty easy to understand, I'd do one for each biological, sociological and individual, and in 10-15 mins if write down EVERYTHING I can remember, even if it's just a random name or phrase then go though looking at my notes and in a different colour filling in what I didn't know, repeat this every week or so and you'll slowly notice you remember more and have less of the second colour.

And finally, past questions
I know that bit is boring and long, but I recommend trying them at least once for each type of question,,
but another way I do it is read the question, bullet point what I would write, then check if I have the correct content on the mark scheme (you can find them all on the WJEC/Eduqas website) that way it saves time but you can still see what sort of info you need to include

I hope these help a bit! Sorry it's nothing particularly new but trust me it works lol and even just doing stuff like explaining what you did in class that day to family can help you remember things

You got this!! Let me know if you need any clarification or have questions :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending