The Student Room Group

Bye bye UCAS and Something Weird... (Bit pointless this)

I easily met both my offers yet my insurance remains conditional. Is this because my firm may have updated first and so prevented my insurance updating or something. Not exactly bothered I just think its weird...

Also will anyone miss UCAS and track... it seems to have been such a big part of our lives for a year now!!! I might log in again if possible just to say hi! O how sad am i!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
will I miss UCAS? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. no.
Reply 2
After you receive your offers, who the hell checks ucas until results day lol?
Mos Def
After you receive your offers, who the hell checks ucas until results day lol?

obviously BUT there's still obsessive checking for offers before then and even if there is a gap where its not used, we haven't really left it entirely until now!
I think my insurance remained 'Conditional' too, not a clue why though. :p:
Reply 5
Pepe Le Poosh
obviously BUT there's still obsessive checking for offers before then and even if there is a gap where its not used, we haven't really left it entirely until now!

Well actually, I'm still checking it... I still have conditionals :wink: :mad:
Reply 6
Pepe Le Poosh
I easily met both my offers yet my insurance remains conditional. Is this because my firm may have updated first and so prevented my insurance updating or something. Not exactly bothered I just think its weird...

Also will anyone miss UCAS and track... it seems to have been such a big part of our lives for a year now!!! I might log in again if possible just to say hi! O how sad am i!

Thats cause if you meet your firm then your insurance wouldn't bother going through all the admin to update it, as you aren't going there anyways (it's the same on mine).

I'm not sure your insurance even gets sent your grades if you meet your firm?
Reilly
Thats cause if you meet your firm then your insurance wouldn't bother going through all the admin to update it, as you aren't going there anyways (it's the same on mine).

Obviously I thought that but I know people with full unconditionals. My guess is if the firm hasn't updated it yet the insurance can make it unconditional (because they don't know what your firm offer requires!) and then the firm can but if the firm gets the first the insurance can't update it. If that makes sense
Reply 8
Pepe Le Poosh
If that makes sense

No it didn't :p:
Nice to have a non-sensical 1500th post
Reilly

Both my firm and insurance went to unconditional. On results day..
Reply 11
Nice to always have non-sensical 69th posts :wink:
"Is it not weird that the exams you think you did worst in you always do best in?? "

Maybe grade boundaries dropped? :teeth:
my firm and insurance were the same place. so i woudn't know
trance addict
"Is it not weird that the exams you think you did worst in you always do best in?? "

Maybe grade boundaries dropped? :teeth:

Yeah but i'm talking thinking i'd get a C or D (due to bad coursework and bad exam and it being a combined module) and getting like a decent A and getting 100% in others I was expecting maybe a C or a B in.
Pepe Le Poosh

I was the same, even though they were conditionals at the time, I liked to look at them with a :proud: face...it would remind me what I was working toward :p:

Oh and congrats Pepe Le Poosh, biology wasnt that bad afterall :biggrin:
Miss_Scarlett
I was the same, even though they were conditionals at the time, I liked to look at them with a :proud: face...it would remind me what I was working toward :p:

Oh and congrats Pepe Le Poosh, biology wasnt that bad afterall :biggrin:

No. Shockingly well as I was just saying to trance addict. 98/120 in Synoptic and 90/90 in BYA6, shocker after all the nightmares i've had about locusts and leaves covered in petroleum jelly.
Reply 17
As for missing UCAS - I've only been on it a few weeks and I'm hating it already.
Both my firm and insurance were changed to unconditional.

Though they were both at the same uni at the same department.
Not many people know this, but if you somehow manage to pick two Firms on Track, the universe implodes.

Latest

Trending

Trending