Canterbury
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

There is an Argos but not in the town centre
PC World
Asda
Morrisons
Lidl

Are outside the town centre...Wincheap industrial estate and the other place which I cant remember. Both are 5 minutes on the bus from the town centre anyway.

Topshop/man
FC
McDonalds
Next
Tesco
Wilkinson
Burger King
JD Sports
Burton
MandS

To be honest, there are loads of shops to list.

The only shop not available in Canterbury which all the girls like is Primark.
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2

hahahhaha! you read my mind. :smile:

BUT most importantly....

DO THEY HAVE A STARBUCKS?!?!?!!?
Yes they do, they have two if memory serves right (Im not a fan of coffee so don't frequent them you see)

And in my opinion its a good thing Primark isn't in Canterbury! Spawn of the devil is that shop!

Mind you this is coming from someone who spent half is student loan in freshers week on clothes...
Reply 4
*splutters*
ur mad?
everything i have, loan/grant is covering my accomodation!!
no clothes shopping for me... :frown:
Reply 5
ying28

hahahhaha! you read my mind. :smile:

BUT most importantly....

DO THEY HAVE A STARBUCKS?!?!?!!?

I was walking down the high street the other night and sure I saw one there (I may have been under the influence of alcohol, so not 100% sure now that it was a Starbucks), I was like "When the hell did that get there?!". Though I'm sure there is another somewhere else too, can't remember though, I'm not in the city centre often.
As to the OPs question, I guess you mean Canterbury, not the whole of Kent. There are 2 Argos stores, (Wincheap and Sturry Road, both accesible by Park and Ride), 2 McDonalds (High Street and Sturry Road), Wilkinsons in the High Street. Can't think that there's a pound land anywhere but there is in Margate (as well as Primark which others have already said about, though there is a Matalan in Canterbury, Sturry Road). As for Supermarket's, there's a Tesco Metro in town centre, Morrison's in Wincheap, Sainsbury's near Kingsmead (near Sturry Road) and an Asda down Sturry Road. Then there's also an Aldi and Netto's near the town centre if that's your kind of thing.
2 starbucks yes, also 2 subways :biggrin:
ying28
*splutters*
ur mad?
everything i have, loan/grant is covering my accomodation!!
no clothes shopping for me... :frown:

Sorry, that was meant to read overdraft, but my mind was elsewhere.

Most of my loan covered my accommodation as well.

I also drew up a budget plan before uni, but that went out the window in the first week, to be honest I wouldn't recommend doing what I did in the first year, but at the same time I don't regret it as I had the time of my life. However don't be a recluse as Uni isnt all about the degree...but anyway thats not for this topic (digressed again).
Reply 8
What would be the nearest supermarket that most Kentians will do their grocery shopping at?
Reply 9
2 Starbucks, 2 Subways, 1 Eat, Burger King, McDonalds, Pizza Hut, Pizza Express. Lots of cafes and restaurants too.

Topshop/man, USC, Fenwicks, H&M, Qube, Miss Selfridge, Esprit, River Island, Next, Cult, HMV, Virgin, Boots, Superdrug, Bay. Lots of places to food shop, I never knew there was a Sainsburys, untill i wandered down the river a few weeks ago and stumbled across the car park. Some nice pubs.
If you have access to a car, or a friend does, then Asda. Otherwise Tesco
Reply 11
so everything is everywhere

*mutters to self* need a kent/canterbury tourist map
Reply 12
is ASDA closest to canterbury campus? its on the motorway right?
Reply 13
ying28
is ASDA closest to canterbury campus? its on the motorway right?

Sainsbury's would be closest, though Asda is only another 10-15min walk from there. And, err, no, there is no motorway near Canterbury. M2 is about 10 miles away.
How do you guys manage a weekly foodshop? Do you bus it? walk? hang-glide?
Reply 15
GodspeedGehenna
How do you guys manage a weekly foodshop? Do you bus it? walk? hang-glide?

I heard that some/most people share the weekly shopping with whoever they are sharing a kitchen with...so they take it into turns and compose an 'all rounded' shopping list
Reply 16
No KFC :huff:

It's a struggle to go through a three month term without any popcorn chicken :coma:

:giggle:
Reply 17
Truered
No KFC :huff:

It's a struggle to go through a three month term without any popcorn chicken :coma:

:giggle:

That is one thing that truely sucks about Canterbury! Though not so bad for me, I signed up for a Cineworld Unlimited card, drive down to Ashford couple times a month to see a film and go into KFC for some popcorn chicken! No good if you can't travel though.
Its all the usual **** really
There's a Marks and Spencers in the city centre too, which obviously does food. You can get the uni bus for £2 ride all day to get food from town from M+S/ tescos/ aldis- all quite close to the bus station. No more poundland anymore ( I dont think), but there's some place called Lakeland that does odd cheap things and Wilkos is really cheap too.
Theres a Costa coffee place and Cafe Nero as well as 2 Starbucks and Monsoon , Debenhams, BHS, Fenwicks (pricey), Dorothy Perkins, Warehouse, New Look where you can get clothes from too. We've got Whsmith, Waterstones and other bookshops/ stationers too. For grooming products etc there's Boots, Superdrug and Body Shop. Hope this helps :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending