The Student Room Group

BAE 2020 Degree Apprenticeship

Couldn’t find a thread for this years scheme, anyone applied for BAE Systems Project Management Degree Apprenticeship? If so what have you heard, what interview preparation are you doing? What kind of questions do you think will be asked, as it’s HireVue so not a live video interview.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hello3434
Couldn’t find a thread for this years scheme, anyone applied for BAE Systems Project Management Degree Apprenticeship? If so what have you heard, what interview preparation are you doing? What kind of questions do you think will be asked, as it’s HireVue so not a live video interview.

Hi! Great to see you've set up a thread for this scheme.

I've not applied but just wanted to wish you the best of luck! Do you feel prepared for your interview? :smile:
Reply 2
thanks @brainzistheword
not yet, i have until friday to complete it, it’s prerecorded and pre set questions, i have no idea if it’s the final stage before security vetting. any tips?:smile:
thanks @brainzistheword
not yet, i have until friday to complete it, it’s prerecorded and pre set questions, i have no idea if it’s the final stage before security vetting. any tips?:smile:

You're welcome :smile:

I'd imagine the interview is one of the last hurdles to get through. What else have you done so far in the process?

My top tip, as cliche as it may sound, is to be yourself. If you've got a quirky hobby or previous experience that might sound a little unusual, bring it to the table and give an insight into the skills you have developed as a result.

Do you know if you have the option to re-record or is it one take only? If the latter, it might be worth doing a few 'mock' ones and watching them back yourself. I know it's tricky to guess the questions, but you can still get some responses clear in your head, especially if you're going to talk around projects you've worked on or specific examples from your work/studies and the skills they've given you.

Hope that helps a bit - if I think of anything else, I'll bob back, and if you've got any other questions, just give me a shout! :smile:
Reply 4
I’ve completed some tedious application forms and online tests. I think that this is in place of face-to-face interviews because of the current situation, but I think it’s strange it isn’t a live interview.
That is what I find difficult, trying to bring something that makes me stand out. Any examples?
I think it’s a one time recording, so only one chance. I am planning a wide variety of questions, and answers that can be easily twisted to suit similar questions.
Thank you for your advice, definitely helpful to hear from someone with any tips. Thank you for your message, it is much appreciated:smile:
I’ve completed some tedious application forms and online tests. I think that this is in place of face-to-face interviews because of the current situation, but I think it’s strange it isn’t a live interview.
That is what I find difficult, trying to bring something that makes me stand out. Any examples?
I think it’s a one time recording, so only one chance. I am planning a wide variety of questions, and answers that can be easily twisted to suit similar questions.
Thank you for your advice, definitely helpful to hear from someone with any tips. Thank you for your message, it is much appreciated:smile:

No problem. The application forms and online tests are pretty standard so yes, I think you are at the final stage now (so congratulations on getting this far!).

I think the current situation has probably led to this type of interview, at least then they can collate all applications and sift through in one sitting, or dealing with tech issues between you and the interviewer.

Ooh examples, erm (good question!). So, one person I know of spoke about their interest in racing cars at an interview. It wasn't really applicable to the job at face value, but once they started to explain how it showed their commitment to regular training, developing their communication and always trying to improve (even marginally) - it definitely proved to be a useful analogy for them to use. Do you have any hobbies/interests that you could use? It doesn't necessarily have to be a 'unique' thing in itself. What's more important are the skills you can extract from it and the way you can show you have taken time to reflect on the work you've undertaken.

It sounds like you're already preparing really well for your interview! I'll keep my thinking cap on for the next few days. Keep me updated with how you're getting on - and good luck! :smile:
Reply 6
Hey I’ve also got my hirevue interview does anyone know what kind of questions they ask? :smile:
Reply 7
hey @Btd99 no idea what kind of questions they ask, i’m guessing a mix between competency and motivation questions, when have you demonstrated ..., why do you want to work for
BAE? what scheme have you applied for?
Reply 8
Sorry to ask so many questions but when are people thinking of doing it I’m worried about leaving it too late not sure if it’s better to do it earlier
Reply 9
email said do it as soon as you can, but within 7 days. give yourself enough time to research properly:smile: any idea if this is the last stage?
Reply 10
I think I’m going to do mine on Tuesday, I hope it’s the last stage 😌
Reply 11
what kind of questions have you prepared for? and what scheme have you applied for if you don’t mind me asking? want to know any other people
who have applied to same one as me🤪
Reply 12
Hi so I applied for supply chain and I’ve done some staple questions that where the answer would fit into other questions so the questions I’ve prepped for so far are
- tell me about yourself
- why do you want to work for us/our organisation
- what would you do if someone in your team was not pulling their weight
- when did you work as a part of a team that failed
- tell me about a time you succeeded despite being under pressure
- what do you like to do in your spare time/ what are your hobbies and interests
- what is your greatest weakness

If you have any other questions you’ve prepped for please let me know 😌
Reply 13
nice ideas, few there i hadn’t thought of so thank you:smile: i have some like
-what qualities do you think are important for this role
-how do you stay up to date/ do you read the news
-do you prefer constant or changing environments
-do you consider yourself someone people can come to for tech advice
-maybe some stuff about competitors
Reply 14
These are great thank you so much! ☺️
Reply 15
let me know how your interview goes,
obviously don’t expect you to tell me the questions, i might try and get it done tomorrow or wednesday :smile: don’t want to do it too late notice but want to properly prepare, best of luck mate
Reply 16
Chickened out of doing it yesterday I just got really worked up about it but I’m gonna try again very soon anyone get it done today?
Reply 17
not yet mate still practising some answers. don’t get yourself worked up mate, can only do your best and be yourself. i’m sure you’re gonna smash it boss, sounds like you have done lots of practise. you got any other application for other businesses?
Reply 18
All done guys went okay
Reply 19
well done! questions like you expected? told you it would be alright :smile: did you get an email saying what next steps are? hope you don’t mind me asking

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending