The Student Room Group

18 year old male: how can I grow taller 4-5 inches in 3 years (when I turn 21)

What sorta things should I include into my diet and what exercises/sports should I undertake to achieve this goal ?
Reply 1
Probably impossible to force yourself to grow in height
Reply 2
Original post by jbrdodd

But is there things I can do to help the process ?
I'd say just accept yourself for your height right now, you might grow some, you might not. I'd just be prepared not to just in case. and I don't think there is anyway to increase your height by changing natural habits, especially that late if there are any at all.
Reply 4
Original post by Exdoz
But is there things I can do to help the process ?

Don’t think so I’m pretty sure height is just part of your genetics so not much you can really do
Biologically impossible. Even with rather unpleasant surgery over the course of a year or so you'd be looking at gaining circa 2".

You'd be better off not fixating on your height, ultimately no one important cares.
Reply 6
Original post by monkeyman0121
I'd say just accept yourself for your height right now, you might grow some, you might not. I'd just be prepared not to just in case. and I don't think there is anyway to increase your height by changing natural habits, especially that late if there are any at all.

Original post by jbrdodd
Don’t think so I’m pretty sure height is just part of your genetics so not much you can really do

Original post by Admit-One
Biologically impossible. Even with rather unpleasant surgery over the course of a year or so you'd be looking at gaining circa 2".

You'd be better off not fixating on your height, ultimately no one important cares.

But things like having calcium, milk, posture, pull-ups and certain exercises can help you grow taller. Not looking for surgery at all. And I'm not tryna get taller because of someone's like or whatever, I just like being slightly taller. Yeah I understand it's partly genetics but environmental factors does play a part too !
Original post by Exdoz
What sorta things should I include into my diet and what exercises/sports should I undertake to achieve this goal ?

https://doctor.ndtv.com/living-healthy/yes-you-can-increase-your-height-after-18-heres-how-1792716
Original post by Exdoz

sameee!!! I really wanna go taller.
I'm a 16 y/o girl btw but I'm STILL shorter than my mum, unfortunately- like COME ON I was expecting to be taller than her at least!

I try to do the height stretches by Aliva d'andrea on yt. I used to do it morning and night and it honestly gave me an extra inch temporarily. I think things like stretching are temporary height increasers.
try it out maybe, but it may not work for you.
Height is 99% genetics, the only thing u can do is not starve yourself and maintain a good posture.
Reply 10
Original post by Exdoz
But things like having calcium, milk, posture, pull-ups and certain exercises can help you grow taller. Not looking for surgery at all. And I'm not tryna get taller because of someone's like or whatever, I just like being slightly taller. Yeah I understand it's partly genetics but environmental factors does play a part too !

Yes, when you're in the growing phase. You've gone past that and you want to grow 4-5 inches through natural means? Yeah, that isn't happening.
Your maximum height is determined by genetics, but you can help get to the tallest you can be by eating healthily, getting good nutrition and leading a decently active lifestyle. Make sure to include a lot of healthy protein in your diet, along with a good balance of healthy fats and carbs. Eat lots of fruit and veg too.
Original post by jbrdodd

haha honestly

Quick Reply

Latest