The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Induction hobs in University of Manchester accommodation

I’m hoping to start in Manchester in September. My mum is going slightly crazy buying kitchen equipment for me, she’s just bought a set of aluminium saucepans for me from Ikea. Does anyone know if the halls have induction hobs? Will hate to break the news to her if so!
I think they're electric. Either electric or induction but defo not the normal fire kind.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by jackien1
I think they're electric. Either electric or induction but defo not the normal fire kind.

Thanks, but induction ones only work with steel pans, I think. So not rings that get hot, it’s the pans that get hot. Supposed to be safer but you need the right pans.
Original post by MillicentMartha
Thanks, but induction ones only work with steel pans, I think. So not rings that get hot, it’s the pans that get hot. Supposed to be safer but you need the right pans.

Might be worth phoning your halls reception to check. I was going to do the same, if I find out I'll post
Original post by MillicentMartha
I’m hoping to start in Manchester in September. My mum is going slightly crazy buying kitchen equipment for me, she’s just bought a set of aluminium saucepans for me from Ikea. Does anyone know if the halls have induction hobs? Will hate to break the news to her if so!

Which halls are you in? I checked with Unsworth park (new block with Bumble, Carder etc have ordinary electric hobs (not induction).
Other halls could be different

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending