The Student Room Group

UCL MSc or King’s College MA

Hi! I recently got an offer from both UCL and KCL for two different masters.

UCL’s one is the Msc Countering Organised Crime and Terrorism and KCL’s one is the MA Terrorism, Security and Society.

I’m not sure which one to go for as there’s not much information on either of these and I don’t know anyone who might have done any of the masters.

I have done a BA in International Relations and my big focus has always been Terrorism studies and I would like in the future to work in counterterrorism organisations.

If anyone knows information about either of these or has an opinion on which one would be the best for a career in counterterrorism, please let me know! I would very much appreciate it.

Thank you!
If the universities are still running virtual open days I would strongly advise attending these. I found most of the information on my masters course from here as you can talk directly to the leading lecturers. Alternatively if they aren't running these, reach out to the leaders of the courses (this information is usually on the course pages) as they are always happy to provide more information to prospective students. Once you've got all the information you need I'd suggest some good old pro/con lists if you are still struggling to make up your mind.
Good Luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending