The Student Room Group

Goodenough College 2023-24

Hi everyone!

I am an offer holder for a MSc in International Migration and Public Policy at LSE! In late February I applied to Goodenough College, and I am eager to get my result at the end of March. I could not find an existing forum for 2023/24 Goodenough applicants, so I decided to create one!

Wishing everyone luck with their applications!

Scroll to see replies

Hi,
I'll do an MA in Applied linguistics at UCL. I also applied to Goodenough at the end of February and I'm waiting for a decision. I'm glad you created this forum and good luck! :smile:
Original post by verynortherngirl
Hi,
I'll do an MA in Applied linguistics at UCL. I also applied to Goodenough at the end of February and I'm waiting for a decision. I'm glad you created this forum and good luck! :smile:

Congratulations on your offer for UCL! Do keep us posted when you hear back from Goodenough. Hoping to be able to celebrate alongside you by the end of next week!
Original post by kayliepostgrad
Hi everyone!

I am an offer holder for a MSc in International Migration and Public Policy at LSE! In late February I applied to Goodenough College, and I am eager to get my result at the end of March. I could not find an existing forum for 2023/24 Goodenough applicants, so I decided to create one!

Wishing everyone luck with their applications!

Update: I am so excited to announce that I received an offer of accommodation! I will be staying in a 1-bedroom in William Goodenough House! Wishing everyone the best of luck and would love to connect with other future students!
Hi! Congrats! I got a place as well but my second choice of room which is above my budget so I haven't decided yet. :/
Original post by verynortherngirl
Hi! Congrats! I got a place as well but my second choice of room which is above my budget so I haven't decided yet. :/

Congratulations to you, too! I am sorry to hear that what you were offered was not what you wanted. That actually happened to me, too, but I’m not sure I can turn it down haha. Do let us know what you decide!
Congratulations to you, too! I am sorry to hear that what you were offered was not what you wanted. That actually happened to me, too, but I’m not sure I can turn it down haha. Do let us know what you decide!

I accepted it eventually :smile: I figured this way I can save on public tranaport and eating out so it's still good x
Reply 7
Hi everyone,
I am hoping to apply to Goodenough College and was just wondering how long anyone who has received an accommodation offer was given to accept it?
Thanks!
Reply 8
Hello everyone ! I am an offer holder for MSc in Political Theory at LSE and applied to Goodenough College a couple of days ago. I'm looking forward to getting my result and it would be awesome to connect in case of admission !
Reply 9
Hey! I'm going to LSE in September and applied for Goodenough. Really hope I get in. Hope we are all successful and can connect here :smile:
Reply 10
Update: I am so excited to announce that I received an offer of accommodation! I will be staying in a 1-bedroom in William Goodenough House! Wishing everyone the best of luck and would love to connect with other future students!

Congratulations! Could you share some tips and what you think helped your application?
Hi all!
I’m from Canada and going to LSE in Sept for MSc in Culture and Conflict in Global Europe. I applied yesterday for Goodenough so here’s hoping!
Original post by L190
Hi everyone,
I am hoping to apply to Goodenough College and was just wondering how long anyone who has received an accommodation offer was given to accept it?
Thanks!

Hi! Sorry for a late response - I received my offer on the 14th of the month (April) and had until the 28th to accept the offer!
Original post by RSeth
Congratulations! Could you share some tips and what you think helped your application?

Hi! Thank you! I would encourage you to do some thorough research into the College and all that it offers (clubs/societies, extracurriculars, events, etc.) before applying so that (a) you make sure it is a good fit for you and (b) you can refer to specific ways in which you hope to involve yourself - the 'community contribution statement' is a great place to highlight this! Because you also submit a CV, you can avoid making the personal statement too focused on your past history / accomplishments, and instead use it to highlight what you bring to the College and what you hope to get out of the experience! I hope that helps a bit! Good luck with your application!
Original post by GiantSquid25
Hi all!
I’m from Canada and going to LSE in Sept for MSc in Culture and Conflict in Global Europe. I applied yesterday for Goodenough so here’s hoping!

Hi! Wishing you the best of luck with your application to the College! I am also from Canada and part of LSE's European Institute (although for a different program) - hope to see you in September!
Anyone else waiting to hear back today?
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 16
I am waiting to hear back as well today and am more stressed about it than I should be!
I just received my offer!! Ahh I’m excited, definitely going to accept and look forward to meeting all of you there. I’ll also be at LSE!!
Reply 18
Me too! I'll be at UCL. Although being shown the nightly rate in the second paragraph did remind me of the price I pay to live within walking distance of my department...
The auto reply from my application on 25 May says they will send out the offers in bunch on 30 June… so I guess the rolling was for people who applied earlier??

Does anyone know the acceptance rate? I have a a good chunk of club and campus activities experience, including advocacy work. As well as about 4 years of work experience. I’m not find many other options in London for my price range so starting to get abit nervous.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending