The Student Room Group

I feel trapped

Hi,

I don't have finances to learn to drive and buy a car, I need a car and license so I can get a job, from a job It will be easier to establish a routine, helping me manage my depression by being too busy to indulge in negative thinking, with less negative thinking time and some income I will be able to go out more, join a club and meet people to improve the social side to my life, there I may make a friend to gym with and improve my physical health with a job I can afford better diet and use of gym equipment. Finally after doing much better mentally, physically, socially and financially I will be able to return to study and complete my Masters with some confidence that things may actually work out for me.

The problem is I need a job to get a car and learn to drive but I also need car and learn to drive to get a job, what do I do?

I am currently selling belongings I own have only raised £250 which is roughly equal to 10 lessons, driving takes the average person 40 lessons to pass.
Reply 1
Original post by Obsidian440
Hi,

I don't have finances to learn to drive and buy a car, I need a car and license so I can get a job, from a job It will be easier to establish a routine, helping me manage my depression by being too busy to indulge in negative thinking, with less negative thinking time and some income I will be able to go out more, join a club and meet people to improve the social side to my life, there I may make a friend to gym with and improve my physical health with a job I can afford better diet and use of gym equipment. Finally after doing much better mentally, physically, socially and financially I will be able to return to study and complete my Masters with some confidence that things may actually work out for me.

The problem is I need a job to get a car and learn to drive but I also need car and learn to drive to get a job, what do I do?

I am currently selling belongings I own have only raised £250 which is roughly equal to 10 lessons, driving takes the average person 40 lessons to pass.

keep applying to jobs I'm sure there are jobs where you don't need to drive and you can take public transport to commute.
Keep applying for jobs where you can use public transport. just as a temporary stop gap so you can save money and get you that car and pass your test. :smile:
Original post by Ghostlady
Keep applying for jobs where you can use public transport. just as a temporary stop gap so you can save money and get you that car and pass your test. :smile:

Original post by lilo16
keep applying to jobs I'm sure there are jobs where you don't need to drive and you can take public transport to commute.

I have been applying for summer jobs in my local area every year since the age of 16 I am 24 now.
Original post by Obsidian440
Hi,

An average of 40 lessons is excessive! That's definitely the higher end. I know people who had less than 10 and passed, but I think the average is probably nearly 20.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending