The Student Room Group

I'm young, need advice and some answers

Hello I'm 16, about to get my gcses (planning on taking them all during autumn)
Please please take the time to read this:

1) Would a computer science degree still hold in like 5-10 years?

2) If i get my computer science degree in thr UK can i use it in the USA to apply for jobs?

3) is it better to work in the software area in the UK or USA, if any of them why?

4) When do i start my immigration filings for America 18?19? Ect. And how long would it take

5) I feel really down right now, what can i do to bring my up, ( I'm feeling some sort of trapness from family, the Uk)
Original post by standardolo

2) If i get my computer science degree in thr UK can i use it in the USA to apply for jobs?

3) is it better to work in the software area in the UK or USA, if any of them why?

4) When do i start my immigration filings for America 18?19? Ect. And how long would it take

5) I feel really down right now, what can i do to bring my up, ( I'm feeling some sort of trapness from family, the Uk)

1. Probably, although you can't be certain that far out.
2. Yes. I moved from the UK to California almost 13 years ago.
3. I preferred the UK for work environment, but California for pay and weather.
4. The easiest route is by working for a US company in the UK, and then transferring. You need to offer skills to the US. Immigration policy changes regularly, so there are no guarantees.
5. Sorry to hear that. What don't you like about the UK?
Reply 2
Original post by standardolo

Hello, I am 14 from HKSAR, China and I actually have similar questions. But regarding No.2, I think it doesn't matter since its about what you learn and not where you learn from what I heard. For No.5, I am sorry to hear that and my tactic has been to be very open and maintain a great relationship with my family.

Btw, if you want to get a head start, you should learn the stuff and do your own CS projects first through online courses and resources and stuff like that?

Good luck :smile:
Original post by RogerOxon
1. Probably, although you can't be certain that far out.
2. Yes. I moved from the UK to California almost 13 years ago.
3. I preferred the UK for work environment, but California for pay and weather.
4. The easiest route is by working for a US company in the UK, and then transferring. You need to offer skills to the US. Immigration policy changes regularly, so there are no guarantees.
5. Sorry to hear that. What don't you like about the UK?

Tysm, the UK is really boring no opportunity
Original post by XWB
Hello, I am 14 from HKSAR, China and I actually have similar questions. But regarding No.2, I think it doesn't matter since its about what you learn and not where you learn from what I heard. For No.5, I am sorry to hear that and my tactic has been to be very open and maintain a great relationship with my family.

Btw, if you want to get a head start, you should learn the stuff and do your own CS projects first through online courses and resources and stuff like that?

Good luck :smile:

Thanks for the reply

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending