The Student Room Group

I think I’m in the wrong set at school!??

Scroll to see replies

IKR
Well year 7 & 8 is basically mixed classes tbh, in my school two classes mixed so for example 7.1 & 7.2 in year 8, 8.1 was like “the smarter” and 8.2 the more dumber” and that went on for 8.3 & 8.4 etc. It’s mainly end of year 8 where u get categorised for your subjects so I wouldn’t worry at all+ u have plenty of time to move sets. People move sets in year 10 too.
Original post by Anonymous
IKR

Ok I've just seen that you've added a non-consenting peer's personal info. I seriously suggest you edit out both hers and yours because you can get in trouble for that.
Original post by DumDeeDoo
Ok I've just seen that you've added a non-consenting peer's personal info. I seriously suggest you edit out both hers and yours because you can get in trouble for that.

An anon has also replied to it, so it will have to be removed by moderators.
An anon has also replied to it, so it will have to be removed by moderators.

This whole thread needs to be deleted. It was a disaster as soon as it was posted due to the ridiculous OP thread starter.
Original post by Geraldthegoat
Well year 7 & 8 is basically mixed classes tbh, in my school two classes mixed so for example 7.1 & 7.2 in year 8, 8.1 was like “the smarter” and 8.2 the more dumber” and that went on for 8.3 & 8.4 etc. It’s mainly end of year 8 where u get categorised for your subjects so I wouldn’t worry at all+ u have plenty of time to move sets. People move sets in year 10 too.

Awww 😊 thanks
Actually helpful

Original post by DumDeeDoo

I altered them slightly
our initial are not AF, but LT
Original post by TTSSRR101
This whole thread needs to be deleted. It was a disaster as soon as it was posted due to the ridiculous OP thread starter.

That's what happens when you have 12 year olds on the internet unsupervised.

I am supervised

Yeah it’s chaos
Your a baby compared to the older years (no offence) so stop worrying about sets in year 7 because they mean absolutely nothing worry about such when you are doing your actual GCSES in year 11
Original post by Yas031119
Your a baby compared to the older years (no offence) so stop worrying about sets in year 7 because they mean absolutely nothing worry about such when you are doing your actual GCSES in year 11

Exactly
Original post by Yas031119

Yea I suppose:smile:
I am supervised

And your parents thought that posting this question in TSR would be useful? I think not.
Thanks for all your help
Following all people who commented, then you will know my inner Identity
Can’t follow other anonymous people so only actual names, unless you come out of hiding. :smile:
Sorry for any confusion or hate - that wasn’t meant to be.

:smile: :smile: :smile:
Stay safe 🌈 and happy
RIGHT!!!!
I AM NOT ANSWERING ANYMORE QUESTIONS
You are just being pedantic.

Then don’t make a thread you just could have spoke to your mum which you did and sort it out from there since you had enough.... not everything you see online will make you satisfied.
Then don’t make a thread you just could have spoke to your mum which you did and sort it out from there since you had enough.... not everything you see online will make you satisfied.

:lol: I know:smile:
:lol: I know:smile:

Are you the one that made this thread 🤨🤨?
Original post by theJoyfulGeek
Hi Anonymous #1,

Just ignore most of the stuff in the thread - lots of people are just very bitter. There are a few people on TSR who get jealous if someone does something a bit out of the ordinary (such as not doing three and exactly three A levels :eek:). However, most people on here are actually really nice - this thread is NOT representative of the average TSR community.

I know lots of people who call their parents "mummy" and "daddy", and I'm starting university in 2021. It's really not a big deal.

I'm not a teacher or anything, but I have finished all of the content in Maths and Further Maths A levels, (and GCSE naturally:wink:) so I know what it's all like.
And you'll be fine. All of that "higher level stuff" really isn't at such a high level. Maths GCSE isn't hard, and judging by the fact that you've already done GCSE stuff, you'll probably have done almost the whole course by year 8 (it really doesn't get much harder). Maths A level is also completely fine, and even Further Maths is easy - you don't need to worry.

Also, no offence to any of you anonymous people, but it is perfectly possible to predict what grade somebody would get in a GCSE from one question, or a few questions. If OP is doing well in CORMS style questions, she's got the whole of Bio GCSE done basically. Source - am straight-9 student.

Just because you found everything easy doesn’t mean everyone else will
Fair enough. I understand that lots of people really dislike maths.

But just because a few people in this thread found everything hard doesn't mean that OP necessarily will. And it's better to be optimistic in general. Why terrify her? Her school will probably do that enough.

Furthermore, she's younger than you. Be nice.

Naturally, naturally.

I just took an aversion to that comment that’s all. We all have different strengths etc
Hi Anonymous #1,

Just ignore most of the stuff in the thread - lots of people are just very bitter. There are a few people on TSR who get jealous if someone does something a bit out of the ordinary (such as not doing three and exactly three A levels :eek:). However, most people on here are actually really nice - this thread is NOT representative of the average TSR community.

I know lots of people who call their parents "mummy" and "daddy", and I'm starting university in 2021. It's really not a big deal.

I'm not a teacher or anything, but I have finished all of the content in Maths and Further Maths A levels, (and GCSE naturally:wink:) so I know what it's all like.
And you'll be fine. All of that "higher level stuff" really isn't at such a high level. Maths GCSE isn't hard, and judging by the fact that you've already done GCSE stuff, you'll probably have done almost the whole course by year 8 (it really doesn't get much harder). Maths A level is also completely fine, and even Further Maths is easy - you don't need to worry.

Also, no offence to any of you anonymous people, but it is perfectly possible to predict what grade somebody would get in a GCSE from one question, or a few questions. If OP is doing well in CORMS style questions, she's got the whole of Bio GCSE done basically. Source - am straight-9 student.

She’s being an idiot and clearly lying. Source - am straight A* student

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending