The Student Room Group

I think I’m in the wrong set at school!??

Scroll to see replies

OK. OP has sorted out the issue so I think we can stop commenting.

I was wondering why this got over 70 replies. 55 of them must have been pointless arguing. 😂😂😂
Original post by 5hyl33n

I was wondering why this got over 70 replies. 55 of them must have been pointless arguing. 😂😂😂

Yeah I think so
Original post by theJoyfulGeek
No need to be so bitter! You've never even met this poor girl. It's perfectly possible.

Well, that really depends on your school. GCSE work really is not a step up from before - lots of schools just repeat everything with slightly more detail. Even A level can be a negligible step up - it just depends on the person. There's really no need to try and terrify OP - her school will probably do that enough.

Wow... You're being quite resentful. I'd be willing to bet that OP actually would get better grades - age is just a number! (For academic purposes only). I know too many 18 year olds who are less mature than some 11 year olds I know, and even one 8 year old.

Hi Anonymous #1,

Just ignore most of the stuff in the thread - lots of people are just very bitter. There are a few people on TSR who get jealous if someone does something a bit out of the ordinary (such as not doing three and exactly three A levels :eek:). However, most people on here are actually really nice - this thread is NOT representative of the average TSR community.

I know lots of people who call their parents "mummy" and "daddy", and I'm starting university in 2021. It's really not a big deal.

I'm not a teacher or anything, but I have finished all of the content in Maths and Further Maths A levels, (and GCSE naturally:wink:) so I know what it's all like.
And you'll be fine. All of that "higher level stuff" really isn't at such a high level. Maths GCSE isn't hard, and judging by the fact that you've already done GCSE stuff, you'll probably have done almost the whole course by year 8 (it really doesn't get much harder). Maths A level is also completely fine, and even Further Maths is easy - you don't need to worry.

Also, no offence to any of you anonymous people, but it is perfectly possible to predict what grade somebody would get in a GCSE from one question, or a few questions. If OP is doing well in CORMS style questions, she's got the whole of Bio GCSE done basically. Source - am straight-9 student.

Thank you for all the kind words
BTW. Well done in your GCSEs - SRAIGHT 9!

Original post by 5hyl33n

YES :smile: :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending