The Student Room Group

If the police have a warrant out for your arrest........

Do they do random patrols in their cars of the nearby area of who they are after, then if they see them walking down the street, pull up next to them, ask them if they are [insert name of wanted person] and if they say yes, tell them we've got a warrant out for your arrest and make them get in the car?

I've no cause for alarm in this respect, but have never heard of it happen, I've always heard of the police capturing someone who has an arrest warrant on them in situations such as motoring offences instead. :K:
Reply 1
I suppose it would be very difficult for every police officer to know just by appearance who needs to be arrested.

As you say, when they run ID through the system and check it against active warrants, that's when the arresting likely happens.
The Police don't just wait until they chance upon the subject of an arrest warrant. Particularly for court issued arrest warrants, they actively go out and look for the subject. For instance: home address, parents / significant others address, homeless hostel, ANPR hits on cars registered to the subject, etc.I know some Police forces even pride themselves on how fast they are at executing arrest warrants! The best I've witnessed is an arrest warrant issued at 10:30am and the respondent in custody and before the issuing court at 3pm the same day - though that's an exception to the norm really.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending