The Student Room Group

best colour of suit for sixth form

I'm starting sixth form in September and I want a suit that looks nice but doesn't look like it's for the prom what colour is the best.
i mean a casual suit works best like this one (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B072L25X23/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1) however i wouldnt suggest you get a suit bc you may look better dressed than some of the teachers...
Probably go for grey, it's probably one of the best colours for a more formal work-like experience. I wouldn't wear a bow tie either, that's definitely more of a prom thing : )
Reply 3
Original post by GandalfTheGrey0
I'm starting sixth form in September and I want a suit that looks nice but doesn't look like it's for the prom what colour is the best.

Rainbow :nyan:

Jokes aside, I am in 2nd year of Sixth form rn and mostly everyone has grey or blue:cool:
Reply 4
Original post by isocartlidge
Probably go for grey, it's probably one of the best colours for a more formal work-like experience. I wouldn't wear a bow tie either, that's definitely more of a prom thing : )

agreed no bow tie, you will look like an idiot...:biggrin:
Original post by .Dezer.
agreed no bow tie, you will look like an idiot...:biggrin:

yeah you really would, probably not the best thing for when you're starting sixth form lol
I do find it quite bizarre that in England some sixth forms require professional clothing and not a uniform.
I’m quite comfy with my uniform, plus it’s easier to wear the same thing every day.
Reply 7
Original post by itscourtchicks
I do find it quite bizarre that in England some sixth forms require professional clothing and not a uniform.
I’m quite comfy with my uniform, plus it’s easier to wear the same thing every day.

Totally agree with you and people from less fortunate backgrounds suffer the most from this "Proffesional Clothing" thing... I come from a maybe slighty less than average family in England and I know my parents had to save up to get me 2 suits... :frown:
I wear black but most guys tend to wear grey or blue, grey's also handy as it's pretty much applicable to any situation you might need to wear a suit. And have fun with shirts and ties, variety is the spice of life
Original post by .Dezer.
Totally agree with you and people from less fortunate backgrounds suffer the most from this "Proffesional Clothing" thing... I come from a maybe slighty less than average family in England and I know my parents had to save up to get me 2 suits... :frown:

That’s very true, it can be quite discriminatory to people from less advantaged backgrounds. However, for me anyway, my school used to be quite... up there in terms of class and academics, but now it’s seen a higher proportion of students coming from more disadvantaged backgrounds. Very good that they are making their education more accessible, however the very expensive uniform has not been reviewed in a looong time, only disadvantaging these students more. Whats more, we aren’t allowed to wear our own scarves in winter??? I mean??
Original post by itscourtchicks
That’s very true, it can be quite discriminatory to people from less advantaged backgrounds. However, for me anyway, my school used to be quite... up there in terms of class and academics, but now it’s seen a higher proportion of students coming from more disadvantaged backgrounds. Very good that they are making their education more accessible, however the very expensive uniform has not been reviewed in a looong time, only disadvantaging these students more. Whats more, we aren’t allowed to wear our own scarves in winter??? I mean??

Wow, Scarves thats petty...

But I totally understand you I go to a grammar school and before sixth form they had cmpulsary uniform which all around costs more than £300-600 depending on if you want to buy jumpers and all the other fancy stuff they sell... there are people who go all out and there are others who stick with the essentials, like me...:redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending