The Student Room Group

Santander student bank account digital rail card?

I received all my details for my new student account with Santander and then went on to try and register for my 16-25 rail card however I was only seeing that I could only get a plastic card not a digital one. Does anyone know if I can get a digital card if I’m using Santander’s link?

Also could someone send me the link of how I would go about registering for the rail card thank you
Reply 1
I have had issues with getting a download code for my railcard with santander so I could get discount on the trainline however I wasn't sent a download code so I can't even use the railcard to buy discounted tickets.
did you try to contact them?I got the plastic card but don't know if I can use it to book tickets online
Original post by CCUupcake123
I received all my details for my new student account with Santander and then went on to try and register for my 16-25 rail card however I was only seeing that I could only get a plastic card not a digital one. Does anyone know if I can get a digital card if I’m using Santander’s link?

Also could someone send me the link of how I would go about registering for the rail card thank you

if i remember right from when I did it last year, Santander send you an email with the link to register for the railcard, and it gets posted to you pretty fast. It's only a plastic card but if you're using something like trainline, you just add it as a 16-25 railcard and if someone checks your tickets, they ask to see your railcard. It worked that way for me when I went on a train to London, they check both the ticket and the railcard.
Hey,

I do not have a Santander bank so I am not sure about how to receive your railcard - however I do know a lot about railcards!

Firstly, it doesn’t matter which railcard you have for it to apply to your train ticket. I have a plastic one and I just have to make sure I have it on me when I buy a train ticket.

However, if you are forgetful then maybe the digital one is best for you, if you can get it. They are already on the railcard app so you don’t need to remember bringing it with you as it is all on your phone. One less thing to remember is nice.

Personally, I just like a physical copy!

All the best,
Sara 😊
you just select the 16-25 rail card on the app when you look up the train tickets for your date and time, and you just need to bring the card with you when you travel incase of inspectors. sometimes they don't ask, but its better safe than sorry cause its £100 fine if u don't have it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending