The Student Room Group
University of York
York

University of york psychology

I am looking to apply to York to do a Bsc in Psychology for 2021. I am really interested in the fast track to the DClinPsy and it a huge reason I am applying although I know entry isn’t not guaranteed on this pathway due the competition!

Anyone have experience with this course or thinking of applying especially due to the unique opportunity attached?
Oh wow, hi! I'm also gonna apply for 2021, the fast track thing is a massive reason I'm thinking of going to York! Although, my psychology teacher has said the year(s) as an assistant psychologist that you'd usually have to do might be really helpful, just because it'll make sure you have some experience before diving straight into being a proper clinical psychologist.
University of York
York
Original post by HarveyCB
Oh wow, hi! I'm also gonna apply for 2021, the fast track thing is a massive reason I'm thinking of going to York! Although, my psychology teacher has said the year(s) as an assistant psychologist that you'd usually have to do might be really helpful, just because it'll make sure you have some experience before diving straight into being a proper clinical psychologist.

Wow! I do think that it would be hard going straight into the doctorate and I really do want to experience the AP years, even so if I go to York I could not imagine how useful the experience of going through the interviews with CPs is, allowing you to gain an insight into the competitive admission to the traditional route is.

I just received a Hull prospectus as they do fast track as well and I saw they noted along side your degree you can help in research, I hope this is the case at York too!

Quick Reply

Latest