The Student Room Group
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling

Scroll to see replies

Original post by elair
Just received an unconditional for History! I only sent my application yesterday and got an acknowledgement this afternoon so wasn't expecting to get an offer this soon.

Well done! I’m applying for both Scottish history and history
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling
Hi guys! I’m applying for both Scottish History and History. My application went in yesterday and I’m so nervous 😂
Original post by elair
Hi! I applied for History on the 4th and got an offer on the 5th, hope you hear soon!

Congrats, are you a Scottish student?
Reply 63
Original post by DaisyChalmers
Well done! I’m applying for both Scottish history and history

Thank you! Good luck!
Reply 64
Original post by thepunmaster.e
Congrats, are you a Scottish student?

Thank you! Yes, I am.
Original post by GracefulNapkin102
I’m confused about this too as I’ve just been awarded it!!

Hey! I was also awarded this scholarship!
It is called the Undergraduate Choice Scholarship and it is for students from England, Wales and Northern Ireland. The scholarship gives £1000 cash for students from these regions providing they meet the conditions of their offer and put Stirling as their firm or insurance. So basically all prospective students that apply to Stirling from England, Wales and NI will receive this scholarship when given an offer.
To be eligible you must obviously take your place and study at Stirling in the end up as well!
This information is all available at: stir.ac.uk/scholarships/general/undergraduate/undergraduate-choice-scholarship/

I was given a conditional offer and one day later had an email about this scholarship :smile:
Hope this helps.
(edited 3 years ago)
I just got an unconditional for Philosophy and Psychology!!!!
Original post by mary388
I just got an unconditional for Philosophy and Psychology!!!!

Wow well done! When did you apply?
Original post by thepunmaster.e
Wow well done! When did you apply?

On the 10th so it took exactly a week :smile:
Reply 69
How are yous all hearing back so quick with your offers....Has anyone received their offer / decline for nursing? Xx
I sent my application in on Monday but now I’m panicking since people are hearing back really quickly and I’ve not heard anything
Original post by SQ30
How are yous all hearing back so quick with your offers....Has anyone received their offer / decline for nursing? Xx

I obvs wasn’t a nursing applicant but I wonder if maybe they’re looking at people in sixth year or deferred enterers first? Maybe people who already have the grades, not sure why it was so quick for me! :smile:
im jealous of all of you that have already received offers so quickly! i applied on the 1st of December to Sports and Exercise Science but still haven't heard back:frown: has anyone that applied for sports science heard back?
Anyone applying for English?
Reply 74
Original post by mary388
I obvs wasn’t a nursing applicant but I wonder if maybe they’re looking at people in sixth year or deferred enterers first? Maybe people who already have the grades, not sure why it was so quick for me! :smile:

I don’t know if I’m replying properly haha (so I’ve quoted this???).

I’ve no idea; I’ve got the qualifications etc and I’ve had to put a copy of my CertHe certificate on the site too as requested.
I suppose I’m just jealous hahah. I need them to put me out of my misery lmao xx
I applied for History on 14/12 but it was late so they probs didn't get it until 15/12 but I've not heard back, should I be worried? I have more than the entry requirements tho so I thought I would be ok. My application seems to be stuck on 20% :frown:
(edited 3 years ago)
hello! i just applied to stirling for marine biology. i was accepted on an unconditional offer and i'm elated because it's my first choice! i'm from the us so i don't really know anyone; if you all have advice or want to be friends, just lmk! <3
Original post by SQ30
I don’t know if I’m replying properly haha (so I’ve quoted this???).

I’ve no idea; I’ve got the qualifications etc and I’ve had to put a copy of my CertHe certificate on the site too as requested.
I suppose I’m just jealous hahah. I need them to put me out of my misery lmao xx

I hope you hear back soon! :smile:)
Reply 78
I’ve accepted an unconditional for journalism. Stirling was my first choice as I went to it during an open day and was amazed at the campus and facilities on offer
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 79
Original post by mary388
I hope you hear back soon! :smile:)

Thankyou lovey xx

Latest