The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Should I have heard by now

Hi, I'm new, blah.

I was wondering how long Kings can take to reply to UCAS applications. I applied several millenia ago, and have heard back from all my other choices. Unfortunately for moi, Kings is possibly my first choice -although if Cambridge for some bizarre reason decide they want me, I will have a tough decision.

I have applied for Philosophy and War Studies joint honours. The fact that one of my friends (who applied after me) recieved an offer for straight Philosophy several weeks ago, and is going to one of those open day things in March, has got me worried. Maybe War Studies is very popular this year and they are taking longer sorting applications. If my chances are low because of this, then I will be gutted, because I would happily take Philosophy on its own (WS just seemed a really interesting option, especially as History is one of my strongest, though sometimes dull, subjects).

If anyone 'on the inside', or anyone who has also applied for WS could grant me a reply, I will be forever in their debt. I may even buy them a slush puppie.
Reply 1
cheesecakebobby
Hi, I'm new, blah.

I was wondering how long Kings can take to reply to UCAS applications. I applied several millenia ago, and have heard back from all my other choices. Unfortunately for moi, Kings is possibly my first choice -although if Cambridge for some bizarre reason decide they want me, I will have a tough decision.

I have applied for Philosophy and War Studies joint honours. The fact that one of my friends (who applied after me) recieved an offer for straight Philosophy several weeks ago, and is going to one of those open day things in March, has got me worried. Maybe War Studies is very popular this year and they are taking longer sorting applications. If my chances are low because of this, then I will be gutted, because I would happily take Philosophy on its own (WS just seemed a really interesting option, especially as History is one of my strongest, though sometimes dull, subjects).

If anyone 'on the inside', or anyone who has also applied for WS could grant me a reply, I will be forever in their debt. I may even buy them a slush puppie.

Well, i got my offer from Law about a month (give or take a few days) after my UCAS form had been processed. However, i know that there were quite a few people on these boards that'd appied to the same course in September and only just heard back from KCL now...

Also i'd imagine that it depends on each department! :smile:
Don't worry, i'm sure you'll hear soon!!!
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
I applied for War Studies (last yr) after Iraq (you'd think that would boost applications) and only heward in late december that I had a interview. Don't worry.
Reply 3
My friend applied for hist and war studies in sept, and has still heard nothing. I wouldn't worry :smile:
Reply 4
I've applied to KCL for completely different subjects to you German and Modern Greek, of all things but I've also heard nothing at all from them. Don't panic! King's is also my first choice apart from Cambridge (okay, so it was the only other place I could apply to for my Hellenic subject, but that's a detail)! The course is so good! It's actually even slightly better than the Cam MML one!
Thanks for the replies, you have lessened my anxiousness, I proclaim you all "sweet dudes/ dudettes".
Reply 6
I havent heard from kings either??????
Reply 7
i've applied for straight philosophy at KCL and my UCAS form was processed in mid-october... i know a few ppl applying for the same course who have got their offers already, but i haven't heard a thing from them >______<
Reply 8
i applied for business management, havent heard antyhing yet.
my friend also applied for war studies and he hasnt yet heard anything either

Latest