The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Drop Geography and put some balls into your maths!
Reply 2
Geography.

Maths is a more encompassing subject, it'll be useful regardless of what you go on to do in future. Geography doesn't tie in to many other subjects apart from, well, geography.
Reply 3
Well it depends what subject you wish to do at uni? Normally, it'd be drop geography, however if geography would play a big part in your subject, then may be drop maths.
So say you wanted to go down a.... biology or sciency or arts route, as opposed to a maths-based course then drop maths, otherwise, drop geoggers
What subject do you want to study at Uni?
Reply 5
When it comes to applying to uni, you will regret dropping maths so much more than dropping geography.
Reply 6
geography - it isn't respected
Reply 7
Depends what you intend to do.

The geography coursework at A2, assuming Edexcel B is not 100% essay like unit 3. Unit 5 is prepared exam and coursework.
Reply 8
My first choice is PPE at Oxford, with my other 4 options being Politics and Economics at other Unis. My other A2s are Politics and History if that helps :smile:

And thanks for all the advice so far!
Reply 9
Then I think Maths would most benefit you; Big universities seem to respect/require maths a lot more than Geography, specially when you're looking to do something economically based it would be good for them to see that you have better understanding of maths and the logic associated with maths.
Rock n Roll
My first choice is PPE at Oxford, with my other 4 options being Politics and Economics at other Unis. My other A2s are Politics and History if that helps :smile:

And thanks for all the advice so far!

MATHS MATHS MATHS MATHS MATHS

:smile:

You will regret dropping it - Oxford say it is a preferred A Level for PPE (Along with History)

History and mathematics are useful backgrounds
taken from http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate_courses/courses/philosophy_politics.html
Reply 11
If you want to do economics (in some form), drop geography.
Reply 12
Drop Geography, no coursework.

Latest