The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Oxford is a nicer city, apparently, but Cambridge is supposed to be a stronger science University.
Reply 2
Have a look at each uni website, read stuff on TSR and on Wikipedia, have a look at colleges, at the cities in general and obviously the course content at each uni. Make pro/cons lists about each uni and if possible go to their open day, you'll see which one you prefer. Good luck with your application !
Reply 3
been to both places, i liked oxford as a place much more... the unis are both in a league of their own! So really just pick the place u like better....
Reply 4
Cambridge is still the best, but I believe their requiments is a bit higher than Oxford
Reply 5
The first year is fairly different, in that in Cambridge you have to spend a quarter of time doing something other than Comp Sci (or do half Comp Sci, half maths). Which may appeal to you if you like having more options, or not if you'd rather just do Comp Sci. Cambridge I think likes you to have physics if you're applying for Comp Sci, whereas Oxford isn't bothered. That's all the differences in the courses I can remember at the moment, although I'm sure you'll find more if you look at the websites for each uni. If you're really not bothered about which course, then choose the uni you like better. Oxford is a much bigger/busier place than Cambridge, Cambridge always seems to be less centralised in terms of admin etc. than Oxford to me, although that might just be my imagination. Go have a look around at open days and see what you think.
Reply 6
I would look into the course and the options and modules that you have to take in both. Visit both cities and try and see which one you prefer.

Latest

Trending

Trending