The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Did u have interviews with southampton or brookes? do they usually do them? well done tho!!
saraheee123
Did u have interviews with southampton or brookes? do they usually do them? well done tho!!

I don't know. I didn't.
Just an update on me.. got a place from Sheffield Hallam. Its my first choice yayyyyy so happy I got in!! Can't wait to start. Good Luck everyone else :smile:
Reply 43
LauraMills22
Just an update on me.. got a place from Sheffield Hallam. Its my first choice yayyyyy so happy I got in!! Can't wait to start. Good Luck everyone else :smile:

Yayyy!! Congrats!! xx
Yay weldone Laura :smile:
I got an offer from Southampton!!!!!!!!!
jessbeth
Had my interview for York St John yesterday and just found out I have got an offer! It's my first choice!! Woo hoo!! It was a group interview again, but a lot more about yourself and why you want to do OT. If anyone would like any more details, feel free to message me. Good luck to everyone :smile:

Hi,
i've got a interview from york st john, can you explain more about what went on in the interview please thanks!
and how long is it normally that you find out after your interview whether you have a place or not? (i.e. anywhere, not just york st john)
Reply 47
Hi cows_in_the_jungle,
At YSJ we had a finance/uni/course talk on the morning and a tour of the campus and new health science building :smile:, then after lunch we were split into two groups of about seven. We all had to say why we wanted to be an OT and why at YSJ, then in our groups discuss what qualities you need to be an OT. It was sooooo friendly, and I felt so welcome there, so try not to worry!! I found out the day after my interview at YSJ that I had an offer. The only other place I was interviewed was Sheffield Hallam, and that took about four days I think. Hope this helps, and let me know how it goes! Good Luck :smile:
saraheee123
I got an offer from Southampton!!!!!!!!!

Congrats!!!! I got into Sheffield Hallam, so its smiles all round :smile:
Well Done x
I've got an interview at Cardiff, but its a week before a couple of important exams, so I might as for a different date.
If I can't do that, I'll probably withdraw from there.
Reply 50
Hiya, i am new to this but i applied to do occupational therapy last week (late i know!) but i dont know what sort of chances i have of getting in.

I have had 2 gap years, i travelled a bit and have done lots of different jobs, i have also done some volunteer work before and currently work for a mental health charity. I got Biology B, Psychology B, French B, and Art C for Alevels and did AS in chemistry and critical thinking. I havent done any actual work experience with an OT though.

I have applied to UWE, Cardiff, Oxford Brookes, Plymouth and Brunel, but not heard anything back yet.
Reply 51
Hi everyone!! I got a conditional offer from Southampton!! I cannot beleive it as it was the only uni I could go to (family commitments). Xx
Reply 52
If anyone's got an interview for Cardiff I had one last week.. was a general group discussion which was quite laid back talking generally about OT work and then an individual interview which was very short, they just asked me about college and my aims.. :smile: x
I've got an interview with Cardiff this week - that's good to know it wasn't too scary then! Got an offer from Southampton :smile: xx
I got invited to the interview at Cardiff on the 21st but I turned it down and withdrew my place.
It was my fifth choice and I wasn't going to miss a day off college in the middle of exam period to go up there. There was no chance in hell I'd end up there.

I got my offer from Southampton in late Nov I think. I've been invited to their visit day, but I've told them that there is no point me attending seeing that I spent a week there in the summer (living on campus, visiting all the teaching blocks etc). I'm going to the Brookes visit afternoon they've invited me to though (it's for people with offers).
jessbeth
Hi cows_in_the_jungle,
At YSJ we had a finance/uni/course talk on the morning and a tour of the campus and new health science building :smile:, then after lunch we were split into two groups of about seven. We all had to say why we wanted to be an OT and why at YSJ, then in our groups discuss what qualities you need to be an OT. It was sooooo friendly, and I felt so welcome there, so try not to worry!! I found out the day after my interview at YSJ that I had an offer. The only other place I was interviewed was Sheffield Hallam, and that took about four days I think. Hope this helps, and let me know how it goes! Good Luck :smile:

Thanks Jessbeth, thats a real help! I will let you know how it goes! Its on Wednesday! :eek:
Hi guys..
I only have 1 offer from liverpool and havent heard anything from Cardiff...Is that bad do you think??
Cardiff have just started their interviews, so I shouldn't worry.

I turned my place down, maybe they'll give it to you!
anyone got any idea how long cardiff take to give offers/reject people after their interviews???
Reply 59
they said to me 3 weeks, but i found out in a week.. got accepted yay :biggrin:

Latest