The Student Room Group

Natwest 2021 video interview

Scroll to see replies

Agreed
Original post by gcsesimsoscared
Of course :smile: I found out three weeks ago but havent heard about the AC yet but dont worry I think they just havent selected AC dates yet so they will get back to you soon fingers crossed!

Congratulations! How long was it after you completed the VI before you heard that you'd passed? :smile:
Original post by Scouselad96
Congratulations! How long was it after you completed the VI before you heard that you'd passed? :smile:

Hey man, I waited 2 and a half weeks to hear that I passed the VI! Good luck : )
Original post by brysonchem
Hey man, I waited 2 and a half weeks to hear that I passed the VI! Good luck : )

Have u heard back yet if youve been selected for AC? :smile:
Reply 24
I just got through to the VI. Man alive those tests were something else. Pretty saddening reading that the VI's are the most difficult yet :/. I'll do them within the next day or two because I need to prepare.

Congrats! What scheme did you apply for?
Original post by gcsesimsoscared
Have u heard back yet if youve been selected for AC? :smile:

Nope sadly not - have only been told I passed and they're now shortlisting...fingers crossed
Original post by Glossed101
Congrats! What scheme did you apply for?

I applied for Finance, London!
I got the email that I passed the VI but reading the thread from candidates last year it took a while for them to get assigned AC and some got reassigned to other schemes. I am a little worried.
update: I've been rejected!
Ah shame, it was a tricky VI tbf and it's always luck of the draw whether you can fluke an answer haha
That sucks. I agree with brysonchem VI are tricky, I remember last year I failed all of mine. It's really hard to concentrate at a webcam and not get flustered.
Original post by chum4563
That sucks. I agree with brysonchem VI are tricky, I remember last year I failed all of mine. It's really hard to concentrate at a webcam and not get flustered.

What scheme did you apply for?
I've applied to Natwst Markets and have yet to hear anything.
I applied to the internal audit in Edinburgh waiting to hear back about the AC.
What stage are you in your application process?

Completed my VI for the front office division over two weeks ago mate.
Really hope they don't take months to get back about ACs....
Really hope they don't take months to get back about ACs....

I hope so too but it gives me more time to practice the activities of the AC. I failed my Grant Thornton application because of my written case study.
I hope so too but it gives me more time to practice the activities of the AC. I failed my Grant Thornton application because of my written case study.

Weirdly I passed the GT case study and now waiting for the experience day. It came by suprise because I had a few spelling/grammatical mistakes and didn't actually answer the questions. All I did was bullet point my analysis for each figure. I didn't even sign it off as an email or address the email to anyone. I feel like the 20 minutes they gave us to complete the task was so difficult that the majority of candidates underperformed.
Original post by Glossed101
Weirdly I passed the GT case study and now waiting for the experience day. It came by suprise because I had a few spelling/grammatical mistakes and didn't actually answer the questions. All I did was bullet point my analysis for each figure. I didn't even sign it off as an email or address the email to anyone. I feel like the 20 minutes they gave us to complete the task was so difficult that the majority of candidates underperformed.

Congratulations on that. Yeah, the case study was hard, I guess I will find out what I did wrong on my scheduled follow-up call. Hopefully, your VI with Natwest is also good news.

so true, I can definitely plan an essay structured answer and rehearse, but in 2 minutes and the nerves of watching yourself being recorded? nope!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending