The Student Room Group

Natwest 2021 video interview

Scroll to see replies

To the people that made it onto the schemes, what were the pre employment screening checks and how long do they take to complete?
anyone know the salary for the commercial banking grad scheme because it doesn't mention of the website
Reply 542
Original post by anon10459
anyone know the salary for the commercial banking grad scheme because it doesn't mention of the website

It’s £31,850. Did you apply for the relationship management or customer products and proposition programme?
Hey,I have my online interview with NatWest soon and I know there's basic competency questions but I hear there is around 4/5 points/questions to cover in each of your answers. I'm not asking for the actual questions that people were asked last year but just a general idea of what these additional points are like that we must cover in our answer, just to get a general idea of what I should prepare for.If anyone has any tips I'd be very grateful :smile:
Hey, did you end up passing the VI?
Reply 545
Hey,
Has anyone here applied to the HR grad scheme from the 2020 batch and is currently working at Natwest?
Reply 546
Original post by getajob
Hello guys

Just to provide some people with peace of mind. I applied to one of the graduate programmes for Natwest for 2021. I applied early in September and passed my video interview in October. When people from my graduate programme started posting about their assessment centres I sent Natwest an email. They replied within the week using their standard reply "the number of candidates was high and they were still reviewing". I gave up on the scheme but after 2 weeks I got a call for a virtual assessment centre, after a week I heard back that I passed but was on the reserve list. They said that the last of the graduate assessment centres will be held at the end of March and would not hear back till after that. It took another month before I got a call for an offer. During every stage of the process, I would email them asking when I would hear back from the assessment centre then after being on the reserve list.

It may seem weird to email them a lot but 2 years ago I went through the same process for internships but for different companies. I passed the stages but never heard back. For one of the applications, I did see people posting on glassdoor they got the internships but I did not hear back. When I emailed the companies they said I may have missed the emails and they would have gone to my junk email but I do check all my mailbox folders. For this round of applications, I chose to be more proactive and email them when timelines took too long. I realise I am not the top choice for companies so I need to find ways to push my name to the list to prove myself. It took me about 3 months longer in my application process than their top choice.

You have 5 months before the next round of applications is open. Remember graduate schemes are not the only way to progress, you can get assistant jobs in your field and build experience.

Good luck to everyone.

heyyy, Thanks for your sharing🙂 and sorry to bother you 2 years after your post, cuz I meet the same situation like yours now☹️ I finished my AC last month and was informed passed but the position has already filled so they put me on the reserve list.
However I don’t understand since they say the AC will run until April, then how comes they said it’s already filled and couldn’t give me an offer ATM? They told me they will contact me in next few weeks or latest in May if the position becomes available. Could you please share your timeline? Especially your ac and the first reserve call also the official offer call?
Btw, do you mean you also emailed them after they informed you that you were put on the reserve list? If so, did you write something like a “application love letter”to them? I don’t know what else I can do at the moment, really like that position and wanna secure it☹️ many thanks for your help (hope you can receive this reply)
Reply 547
Original post by mmc14
I also just received a call regarding an AC for the Change and Business Solutions scheme in Manchester.

However, I was informed that all the places had already been filled and that the AC next week is for 'reserves'! I kindly declined as I have an offer from Deloitte. Six months of waiting to be offered a reserves assessment centre? Rather insulting :biggrin: - glad the application has finally concluded.

sorry about that,can I ask a specific time of the AC call? Cuz this website only shows 2 years ago 😭thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending