The Student Room Group

Natwest 2021 video interview

Scroll to see replies

VIs are relatively easy for individuals with confidence and good interpersonal skills. For those that are more academic and less social, as many of the applicants are, it's a first look into their real world where their academics will only get them so far.
Original post by chum4563
I got the email that I passed the VI but reading the thread from candidates last year it took a while for them to get assigned AC and some got reassigned to other schemes. I am a little worried.

How long ago did you do your VI? I'm almost at two and a half weeks, and I'm considering emailling once three weeks hit.
I think it would have been a lot easier if they hadn't asked multi-part questions!
Original post by rumplestillskin
How long ago did you do your VI? I'm almost at two and a half weeks, and I'm considering emailling once three weeks hit.

A friend of mine did his a few days before me and got sent the e-mail today saying he passed. I did mine about a week or so ago, not 100% sure when he did his, just know it was less than a week before me.
Original post by SomeWelshGuy123
A friend of mine did his a few days before me and got sent the e-mail today saying he passed. I did mine about a week or so ago, not 100% sure when he did his, just know it was less than a week before me.

What scheme did he apply for? I reckon some schemes are assesed at different times.
Original post by SomeWelshGuy123

So I'm still the longest one waiting then lol. What schemes did you and your friend apply to?
Original post by Glossed101
What scheme did he apply for? I reckon some schemes are assesed at different times.

It's looking to be that way. I'm just feeling a little anxious since mine closed a bit ago whereas other schemes that are still open have gotten answers already.
Original post by rumplestillskin

I got my reply after roughly 2 and a half weeks. I am not sure if they asses different schemes at different times.
Original post by brysonchem
Hey man, I waited 2 and a half weeks to hear that I passed the VI! Good luck : )

Thanks for the reply mate! Awesome, congrats again. Hoping to hear back in the next few days, thought it went quite well during the VI.
Has anyone who applied for asset management heard back after the VI?
Original post by Thanksinadvance1
Has anyone who applied for asset management heard back after the VI?

The Coutts one? I applied for that too, haven't heard anything yet.
Reply 51
Could anyone help me with the VI questions for NatWest structured finance graduate programme?
Reply 52
Did my video recorded questions. There were 6 questions in total. Standard interview questions. I did okay but not great.
Reply 53
Original post by 0le
Did my video recorded questions. There were 6 questions in total. Standard interview questions. I did okay but not great.

Can you please DM me the questions or include it here and also some info on the process? Like how many questions, how much time fo I have to prepare and answer the questions? I have to do my VI until the 18th and I'm trying to get as many probable questions as possible. Thank you!!
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by mrcdo
Can you please DM me the questions or include it here and also some info on the process? Like how many questions, how much time fo I have to prepare and answer the questions? I have to do my VI until the 18th and I'm trying to get as many probable questions as possible. Thank you!!

not to be harsh but i dont think its fair to other candidates to ask for the questions...but tips ofc!
Reply 55
Original post by gcsesimsoscared
not to be harsh but i dont think its fair to other candidates to ask for the questions...but tips ofc!

I don't know, I feel that beside preparing for an interview it is desirable to do some extra research to increase your chances. All the other candidates can do the same thing that I do and it is not my fault if they don't. Beside, if somebody asked me for questions, tips or whatever, I'd be happy to help if I know that I'm increasing their chances of getting a job in the current economic situation.
Original post by mrcdo
I don't know, I feel that beside preparing for an interview it is desirable to do some extra research to increase your chances. All the other candidates can do the same thing that I do and it is not my fault if they don't. Beside, if somebody asked me for questions, tips or whatever, I'd be happy to help if I know that I'm increasing their chances of getting a job in the current economic situation.

It is cheating, because others do it doesn’t change this. It is like studying for an exam, extra research means reading around the topic in question to gather additional knowledge/information. Extra research doesn’t mean asking your lecturer for the question.
Original post by mrcdo

This is the funniest thing i've read in a while. Just because you're cheating doesn't mean everyone is. Why would anyone give you the questions if they're competing directly against you for a space at the AC?
PS, stay out of my DMs i'm not telling you the questions.
Original post by rumpleduckskin
This is the funniest thing i've read in a while. Just because you're cheating doesn't mean everyone is. Why would anyone give you the questions if they're competing directly against you for a space at the AC?
PS, stay out of my DMs i'm not telling you the questions.

Haha love this, thank you!! And I thought I handled it quite nicely by saying I didnt mean to be harsh! Tips are of course welcome but I dont condone spreading questions which could give another candidate who decided not to cheat, a lesser chance of succeeding!!!!
Reply 59
For the benefit of doubt, there is a practice question at the start which you can repeat many times. The practice question is always the same. Use this practice question to set your video up, lighting, etc.

There are then six questions and you cannot re-record your answers here or go back. You have a short period of time to prepare an answer and then a short period of time to record your answer. You don't immediately start the next question either. Once you finish the recording, your question will be automatically uploaded and a screen will sow the upload progress. After the upload is completed, a new screen will then display and ask you if you are ready to start the next question- so you can gather your thoughts, compose yourself again and then do the next question.

Please note that the android app does not work in landscape mode. So bare that in mind when recording yourselves.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending