The Student Room Group

Is anyone thinking about applying to Hartpury uni 2021?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Horse girl
Nice! I’m sure it will be done soon! :smile: I’ve had offers for Hartpury (both the equine science and the equine performance and rehabilitation courses) and Aberystwyth for equine science with a placement year. Hopefully the others will get back to me fairly soon, haha.
Let me know when you get your offers too!
Are you planning on doing a placement year? /do you know what you might be interested in doing after?

I’m applying to courses involving equine science/performance/business, so a bit of a mix haha. I’m not sure about placement years- I think they’re a good idea but I’m on a gap year at the minute so I’m not sure if I will want to do another extra year if that makes sense haha, but I am considering it anyways as I think it might be worth taking.
Original post by emilybent148
I’m applying to courses involving equine science/performance/business, so a bit of a mix haha. I’m not sure about placement years- I think they’re a good idea but I’m on a gap year at the minute so I’m not sure if I will want to do another extra year if that makes sense haha, but I am considering it anyways as I think it might be worth taking.

Ah yeah, that’s fair enough then!
Original post by Horse girl
Nice! I looked at the other ones you talked about too but decided to also apply to Writtle, Nottingham Trent- both of which i haven’t heard back from yet and Aberystwyth which I also got an offer from!

Hi @Horse girl

Congratulations on your offer to study here at Aberystwyth!

I am a 3rd year Veterinary Biosciences student, and I am really enjoying studying here.

Aberystwyth is a great place to be a student, there is a great feel to the town and there is always plenty to do and see. The University has a very friendly and welcoming feel and has even been named Welsh University of the Year for 2020 in The Sunday Times Good University Guide. The teaching quality is very high, The Sunday Times Good University Guide has been named the University of the Year in 2018 and 2019 for Teaching quality.

Please let me know if you have any questions about the University, I am more than happy to help 😊

Rebecca
How long did it take for hartpury to get back to you and give you an offer? I’ve applied and just wandered if they took a while to reply or were quite quick
Original post by Georgia45
How long did it take for hartpury to get back to you and give you an offer? I’ve applied and just wandered if they took a while to reply or were quite quick

They got back to me pretty quickly, I would say within 3 weeks. But I applied back in November and I’m a mature student so I already have all my grades etc so I don’t know if that had an impact on how long it took
Original post by maturelo
They got back to me pretty quickly, I would say within 3 weeks. But I applied back in November and I’m a mature student so I already have all my grades etc so I don’t know if that had an impact on how long it took

Okay thank you. I’m also a mature student and have my grades already too so fingers crossed it won’t be long
Okay thank you. I’m also a mature student and have my grades already too so fingers crossed it won’t be long

I’m in the same boat haha, fingers crossed it won’t take long- I’m too impatient! 🤣

For me they replied very quickly as well- about a week or just under! Good luck in applying! Which course have you gone for? Let me know when you hear back xx
I’ve just got two unconditional offers back from them :smile:) applied for applied animal science and therapy and also animal behaviour and welfare xx
Oh okay that’s good to know! Thank you x
I’ve just got two unconditional offers back from them :smile:) applied for applied animal science and therapy and also animal behaviour and welfare xx

Ahh well done, that’s so exciting! Fingers crossed for your results :smile:
Has anyone else received an offer pack from Hartpury with a USB stick in? I got one today and I’m not sure if it’s supposed to have something on (mine doesn’t) haha
I have received one after booking the online offers thing with them in February. Not sure if it’s meant to have anything on it. I assumed it was just a memory stick ready to take to uni when we start the course
I have received one after booking the online offers thing with them in February. Not sure if it’s meant to have anything on it. I assumed it was just a memory stick ready to take to uni when we start the course

Okay cool thank you haha, I thought that too but just wanted to check I wasn’t missing anything
Original post by emilybent148
i have one on part loan :smile: im applying to hartpury, reaseheath, royal agricultural college and writtle. Are you applying to any others?

Hello! Glad to hear you are considering the RAU - please give us a shout if you have any questions! :smile:
Anyone apply to the Vet Nursing courses?
or is anyone going to the open day thing on the 15th?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending