The Student Room Group

Are A levels fast track a good option?

Hello!
I am an 18 years old student who finished ESOL this year. After passing my exam, I had to choose another course. After a lot of research, I have decided to take A levels. Unfortunately, the head of the sixth form told me that I am too old to apply.
I tried to apply for a BTEC course-Law, Criminology and Psychology Level 3. At first, I wanted to do A levels because some Universities frown upon BTEC courses.
I chose this course because I should have spent two years on this course anyway, so I would have had the chance to experiment a bit.
I have waited a VERY long time for my college to sort out my qualifications from my home country, but they never did, so I lost my slot.
They ignored me and also managed to lose my application. Now, they are telling me that I should go for another course, but L2, which I find unnecessary and time-consuming.
I would love to be a lawyer, but I do not know if I have what is needed to be a good one. The problem is that I am anxious, so this could have been my opportunity to taste the water and see how I perform. If I was not doing well at the course, I would have tried art and design.

I do not know where I should go. I could not find a college that accept students at 18 year old near me. Even worse now, that is the end of September. I am really nervous.
I am thinking of doing a fast track A levels online. I was the top student in my class, and I did not have problem learning online during the quarantine.
But I am quite anxious about it. My main concern is that I won't be speaking English too much.
What do you think I should do? Is there anything I should know? Any recommended subjects?
Many thanks!!😁

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending