The Student Room Group

Gcse edexcel business studies 9-1

Aim aiming for a 7/8 in business. Is it hard to achieve? Any tips for revision and how I should make my flash cards?

I feel like some of the stuff in the past papers wasn’t covered in the revision guide i’m using (CGP).
hi! :smile:

i'm doing aqa gcse business at the moment and i'm predicted a nine for our mocks next month.

for me it wasn't super hard to acheive, as long as you put a little bit of effort in and revise the right things;

there are always maths sections during the test, so make sure you have a list of equations (most of them are from the finance topic) and learn them - since the questions are usually worth five marks or more, each, it's way too easy to loose lots of points if you don't know the maths.

make sure you plan your time accurately: save time for the longer case study questions at the end of the paper and don't run out of time before then - these are usually the highest marking questions and leaving them blank could cause a decrease in as many as two whole grades.

for flashcards, I don't waste my time with the key terms that I already know. just make them for higher level vocab (which is great to use in longer answers to boost your grade) and maths equations that you struggle to remember. writing lots of flashcards may seem like you've done a lot of revision but it won't be the most effective use of your time.

when you're answering longer questions, make sure you use wider knowledge and theory - this will demonstrate to the person marking your test that you know more than just what the case study is already telling you.

that's pretty much most of what I did, but if you have any other questions, let me know!
Reply 2
I got a 6, but I could have gotten higher if I worked harder. Make sure you print out a copy of the syllabus with all of the themes and units you are required to learn for the exams, this way you can go through topic by topic, make notes, flashcards and mind maps on each one then cross them off after you're finished - it's a great way to keep your revision organised.
Reply 3
Thank you guys for the tip!

About the flash cards, I’m actually doing exactly what you said. I make sure to follow the spec and watch BizconSesh too (he’s really good)

Anyway, thanks again :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending